PDA

View Full Version : Default lighting.

Kanga
10-24-2011, 06:45 AM
Hi
Just messing around with xsi and wondering about the weird default lighting. I am looking to use the app for modelling and most programs have lighting that comes from the viewer until a light is inserted into the scene.

Haven't found any info yet but do you all have a 3 point light setup just to model? Have I missed a default setting somewhere?

Thanks in advance
Cheers.

Edit: wont save scene to an external disk. Tried to check out info on F1, page wouldn't load. xsi hates me :)

geoath
10-24-2011, 09:15 AM
in any viewport select Headlight from the Display Mode Menu (left to the resize icon) .

bottleofram
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Also, you might wanna go into Preferences>Dysplay>General tab and check "Enable Headight for new scene".

Edit: wont save scene to an external disk.
Did you setup the project on external drive? Its a little weird, but you have to save .scn files inside directories xsi recognizes as valid project locations.

Tried to check out info on F1, page wouldn't load. xsi hates me :)
2012 right? Does it try to load autodesk website? They wont admit it, but that thing is bloody awefull. You'd save yourself s lot of frustration if you install help locally.

Kanga
10-24-2011, 04:44 PM
geoath
bottleofram

Thanks for the help guys, all is up and running. Looking forward to using some really great modelling tools!

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2011, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.