PDA

View Full Version : A quick test of the demo

Mike RB
11-09-2003, 05:32 AM
Here is a quick rig I hammered out in the demo. I remembered a few things from the old LW plugin and the rig ended up being pretty good, my only issue was with the parenting and unparenting of the foot bones, but it wasent too bad. Other than that, the demo was pretty slick.

1st messiah rig (http://www.controlcage.com/Reel/MB/1stmessiahrig.avi)
Divx 13 megs.... 6 minutes....

http://www3.telus.net/paratrooper/1stmessiahrig.jpg

Mike.

Sil3
11-09-2003, 05:53 AM
Nice vid :beer:

I wonder why u didnīt use the mirror tool to mirror Bones from one side to the other, and the parenting unparenting could had been done with parent and unparent in place :P

Mike RB
11-09-2003, 05:57 AM
I have no idea where the mirror tool is, and how you set the parenting. :)

Mike

Mike RB
11-09-2003, 06:05 AM
ok, Sil3 straightened me out, parent in place is in Setup>>Items>>Parent Items

and "/" on the keypad to mirror... that will make life a bit easier...

Mike

Sil3
11-09-2003, 06:09 AM
Mirror tool is on the File Tab, but Lyle already told that itīs gonna remove it from there, so get used to the "/" on the num keypad :)

fwtep
11-09-2003, 06:23 AM
Yeah, when I did the Bones video I didn't use "mirror" but I guess I should have. I wanted to show how easy it was to draw the bones instead.

To mirror, just press the / key on the numeric pad while in Setup.

Fred

PauHana
11-09-2003, 06:29 AM
Hey, how'd you change the interface color?

-PauHana

Mike RB
11-09-2003, 06:37 AM
Right click on the customize tab, choose "darkstar"

Mike

PauHana
11-09-2003, 09:02 AM
Thank you:applause:

Chewey
11-09-2003, 03:34 PM
Nice work Mike. Always enjoy your informative video offerings. :thumbsup:

For quick view switching, check out the "q" and "w" key strokes.

Does that Animate demo allow you to check out the SuperBlender plugin?

lmilton
11-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Mike RB

Mike

Very cool vid:thumbsup:

I also noticed that you were using the CreateKey panel. In the release version, we've added a CreateKey command that you can assign to a hotkey. This bypasses the panel. However, I just middle-click in the DopeMaster. It respects you channel group settings and multiple object selections.

messiah users are creating plugins and other data to speed workflow. They can be accessed from www.zoogono.com . While they are not compatible with the demo version, it's a good idea to bookmark that site when you become a messiah users.

btw, have you tried rigging your character with AutoRig?

-lyle

PauHana
11-09-2003, 06:37 PM
While awaiting the arrival of my order, I decided to give the demo a whirl. I tried autorig and it is really sweet, however I wasn't able to get the head to stay with the body (2 separate pieces) even though it's a child of the body. Also, I'm assuming you go in after and add fingers in setup mode and IK/FK switching on the arms.

lmilton
11-09-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by PauHana
While awaiting the arrival of my order, I decided to give the demo a whirl. I tried autorig and it is really sweet, however I wasn't able to get the head to stay with the body (2 separate pieces) even though it's a child of the body. Also, I'm assuming you go in after and add fingers in setup mode and IK/FK switching on the arms.

Sounds very odd. I'm sure that Ron will pop in to give you some assistance if other users can't help. He may be swamped, right now.

-lyle

lmilton
11-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Mike RB

Mike

Another thing I noticed is that you were using Setup->Rename Items to change item names. This is no longer necessary for basic renaming.

Just double-click on the item in the list and rename it. This works for most lists (there are a few exceptions).

I hope this is useful.

-lyle

RonGriswold
11-09-2003, 10:25 PM

That's odd, can't imagine why that would happen. Would it be possible for you to send me a scene? My email is ron at projectmessiah.com.

With the current version you have to add the fingers yourself, however the next version has a hand rig and IK/FK blending on the arms.

jipe
11-10-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by RonGriswold
With the current version you have to add the fingers yourself, however the next version has a hand rig and IK/FK blending on the arms.
Sounds great; when you say next version, do you mean the next patch (ie, studio 1.5c/animate 4.0e)?

PauHana
11-10-2003, 04:46 AM
That's odd, can't imagine why that would happen. Would it be possible for you to send me a scene? My email is ron at projectmessiah.com.

I'm gonna try running through it a couple more times so as not to waste your time. If I can't resolve it, I'll send the file over. The upcoming hand rig and IK/FK blending is great news!

Thanks!

PauHana
11-10-2003, 07:18 AM
Thanks Lyle and Ron. It's working smoothly now. I don't know what I did differently, but it's all good:applause: It's been a really long time since I've worked with Messiah and I miss the interactive support you guys have with your users. I hope to hammer out some lil' animations after my upgrade gets here. Maybe I can convince you guys to take my old, tired and weak clips off your website...they're kind of embarrasing.

My Fault
11-10-2003, 08:04 AM
Fantastic!

Had to sell my seat of Messiah last year when I was laid off and boy am I rueing that now. I've been having a blast playing with the demo the last few days. Even barely remembering anything about it, it's been a breeze to work with. Fantastic work guys.... now I just need to find someone crazy enough to sell their license ;)

Julez4001
11-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by PauHana
[B], however I wasn't able to get the head to stay with the body (2 separate pieces) even though it's a child of the body.

Pauhana go to the setup mode and effectsTab and add the head to the bone effect, this tell head to be deform by the skeleton u set for the body. This has been in since day one of messiah. Load em up, messiah never slows with how many layers or object is deformed by one skeleton.

Mike - you can make parentinplace a hotkey (it may already be assign..look in Customize-KeyCommand) and as others have mentioned "/" on the Keypad is the mirror command ..it will also mirror IK..so Ik your legs (and arms) first then mirror. Glad to see u giving it the ol'try.

My Fault
11-10-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Julez4001
Mike - you can make parentinplace a hotkey (it may already be assign..look in Customize-KeyCommand) and as others have mentioned "/" on the Keypad is the mirror command ..it will also mirror IK..so Ik your legs (and arms) first then mirror. Glad to see u giving it the ol'try.

Oh yes, I love the "/" key!

PauHana
11-10-2003, 08:56 PM
Pauhana go to the setup mode and effectsTab and add the head to the bone effect, this tell head to be deform by the skeleton u set for the body. This has been in since day one of messiah. Load em up, messiah never slows with how many layers or object is deformed by one skeleton.

Sorry, I wasn't more clear that I had done that before and it wouldn't take. I rebooted and did it again and it works fine. Thank you for the response:cool:

maks
11-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by My Fault
Fantastic!

Had to sell my seat of Messiah last year when I was laid off and boy am I rueing that now. I've been having a blast playing with the demo the last few days. Even barely remembering anything about it, it's been a breeze to work with. Fantastic work guys.... now I just need to find someone crazy enough to sell their license ;)

Just in case you don't follow the yahoo list, there's someone selling his studio 1.5 license on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3637534399&category=3775
:)

M.

My Fault
11-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by maks
Just in case you don't follow the yahoo list, there's someone selling his studio 1.5 license on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3637534399&category=3775
:)

M.

Thanks for the heads up Maks!

I think I'll post a request on the main Messiah list and see if anyone has a spare Animate license as well. Man, this program has got me hooked!

RonGriswold
11-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Sounds great; when you say next version, do you mean the next patch (ie, studio 1.5c/animate 4.0e)?

Its slated for the next patch, but I might not be able to make that in time. So if its not in the next one, it will be in the one following.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.