PDA

View Full Version : Help need it with Visual C++ and MayaPluginWizard

ourreta
10-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi

I am using Maya 2012 64bit and I believe Visual C++ 2008 Express Edicion.

I have followed the instructions with the project wizard.

The first problem I've got was that MayaPluginWizard wasn't able to locate the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\VCWizards\MayaPluginWizard\HTML\1033\defaul.htm".

This problem got resolve if I place the MayaPluginWizard directory in the VCWizards inside another directory with the same name like this: "...\VCWizards\MayaPluginWizard\MayaPluginWizard".

Now once I have filled all of the information and hit finish I get the following error "Project upgrade failed", and no project file gets created.

I really don't know how to proceed from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

zoharl
10-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Don't use the wizard, you don't need it and it just complicates things. Look at my previous posts on the matter, or google for it. In a nutshell use a standard dll project and add some small definitions to it.

ourreta
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Hi Zoharl,

Thanks, for your reply. The truth is that I been google it for a while already and my head is spining. At this point i'm totally confused! I did isntall visual c++ 2008 express edition but I have read that I woul need to do some extra steps, as installing SDK...., if I want to compile for Maya 64 bit. I'm new to the windows system and I'm getting tired of installing and unistalling things. The hole process is much simpler for linux.

Do you have a step by step process or point me out to some good links which show how I should do it.

Thanks in advance

zoharl
10-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Okay then let's seize the opportunity, and hope that you use win7 64bits, and help me here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=89&t=1015028

I'd like you please to:

1. Start visual studio.
2. From the menu file->open project, and browse to c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2012\devkit\plug-ins\ (or similar), and choose to open helloCmd.sln.
3. Do next or whatever if it asks you for project conversion.
4. From the toolbar you should have combo-boxes for debug/release and win32/x64. If you can find it choose from the menu build->configuration manager->active platform. Choose x64 or create a new one of x64. If you don't have the option, go to VS setup and install x64 tools.
5. Build the solution -> F7
6. helloCmd.mll should have been created, copy it to your plugin dir and load it.

Please describe specifically and copy/paste the messages of any problems that you have.

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2011, 02:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.