PDA

View Full Version : Character: Forest Nymph

Cybergooch
11-09-2003, 01:30 AM
3D character compped onto photo background.

Just finished this image today, comments welcome.

Maya, photoshop, photo I shot as background.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~egooch/Forest-Nymph.jpg

anoe_nomus
11-09-2003, 01:58 AM
wow, great job
a couple of things. (IMO)
i think you should blur the foreground a bit more, i think the camera distance from the subject and the blur amount is a bit off.
that purple-ish spot on the bottom left kinda takes away from the focal point (the fairy creature)
and the red hair... humm i would go with a light green.
i think this peice more artistic than CG-esque (whatever that means)...
i can see this peice on a billboard or in somekind of commercial.
work on the lighting a bit more.
great still man. keep up the good work -_- :thumbsup:

Brutalpanda
11-09-2003, 03:36 AM
why don't u try some eye catcher on this image so this scene look more interesting

Omnicrola
11-09-2003, 03:55 AM
Great job:thumbsup: very nice lighting match to the photo background (i assume it's a photo, otherwise please pass the foot salt)

The only thing that stands out to me is the hair, it dosent seem to match the rest of her. She's a styelized charecter, but her hair is very real looking.
Also, her eyebrows should match her hair ;) Not exactly, but definatly lighten them a little bit. (unless she dyes her hair :o )

Nazeil
11-09-2003, 04:55 AM
Great image! The only thing that really bothers me is the chest area. Her hair is draped over her shoulders so there wouldnt be as much light on her chest as there is on her face for example, but in the picture they are almost the same tone. Try giving it more pronounced shadows.

I think that the blur in the front end of the picture is fine. But IMO you should blur her feet just a little bit to help add depth.

inaktive
11-09-2003, 08:26 AM
bang up job there... really nice lighting and compositing.

only thing that bugs me(if anythin) is the only spot thats really blurry is where she meets the grass... obviously to blend the 2 images together... maybe add a little blur to some of the other pieces of grass to soften up a little more of the image... might come up with a more realistic job...

other than that... great work:buttrock:

Bimo
11-09-2003, 05:41 PM
can we see some wire, thanks. :wavey: :thumbsup:

blindsleeper
11-09-2003, 05:44 PM
really nice lighting, great job overall, though in a way for some reason she appears to be detached from her surroundings

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.