PDA

View Full Version : A local education specifically for Maya modeling?

Latitude
10-22-2011, 07:01 AM
I live in Kansas City. We have a Art Institute here that offers Game Art & Design which is great except it is expensive at $60,000 for 4 years which I can't imagine how I'd afford. Is there any schools dedicated to Maya 3D modeling specifically? The online courses offered on CG Society is interesting but I would really like to learn in a classroom environment and meet other students face to face that share my interests.

Do you have any recommendations for any specialized schools on the West or East coast?
Or maybe I could start a meetup group in my area...

FrankIowa
10-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Have you checked out Johnson County Community College in Overland Park near you? They have a Game Development program, etc. Community college tuition is "way lower" than what you cited for the art institute.

http://www.jccc.edu/game-development/

Latitude
10-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh wow, a game design program from a Community College right in my neighborhood. I'll call them as soon as I get back to town. I really need to start giving Kansas more credit. When I first arrived here my expectations were quite low.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

CGTalk Moderation
10-22-2011, 05:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.