PDA

View Full Version : Obscuri Lateris (GUI design)

Faust_Dagon
11-08-2003, 08:50 PM
this is a site im working on for a few friends of mine, Its a World of Warcraft guild, so far I only got the photoshop work done.

http://www.imbued-design.com/olweb_nowood.jpg

Ian Jones
11-08-2003, 10:35 PM
Looks great. Nice details and the colour scheme is good. The leather effect works really well and the little details such as ice and paper rips are big enough to be of impact but small enough to not get in the way. Excellent job!

Heimdall
11-10-2003, 05:12 AM
You oughta make the flame in of the eyes jump around and smoke.

Nice Textures and PS work.

Where did you get your base downloads from?

-Heimdall

Faust_Dagon
11-10-2003, 09:14 PM
thanks for the comments ;)

the eyes are going to blink say like every 1000 frames, at 60fps. going to have the fire animated, with AE effects. and burn brighter as the menu is open, ( the menu is expanded on mouse over, the image shows it open, but will be closed when in active)

what do you mean by base downloads?

Protoplasma
11-11-2003, 08:55 AM
this one looks really nice ! but keep attention that it`ll not be overdone in the end. there are the firey eyes and the snow the paper and the leather effect thats quite much right now. I am not quite sure if the snow is good.
when its animated what a fileformat will you have in the end ? is it a flashmovie or will it be a html/image page ? just thinking of filesize.
nevertheless.. i like those style and the used techniques are great !

Ian Jones
11-11-2003, 12:01 PM
"60fps"

That's a pretty high framerate... you better hope your audience have new computers.

berniebernie
11-11-2003, 06:32 PM
60fps

The human eye doesnt perceive movements after 24fps (its called persistence of vision I think)

So putting your flash swf at 60fps will only make the user's computer blow up =)

Anyway your design is good, but surely only for broadband, it look likes your project will require lots of loading....

Faust_Dagon
11-11-2003, 06:52 PM
its meant for broadband, since its for a gaming cummunity, most gamers have decent pcs. as for file size, the flash file with all graphics in place is 300k, sound will be loaded after the graphics are loaded externally, and all links will be loaded externally. what you see here will be about all the raster work, the rest will be vector. so should never go above 1 mb.

as for the frame rate, I think I will go with 30 fps, :D

I added the snow, cause it looked very flat, so added the snow to have more contrast in color and I think it brings out the colors around it.

Faust_Dagon
11-11-2003, 09:57 PM
edit

berniebernie
11-13-2003, 05:17 PM
a preloader would be nice ? I had a big white middle thingy for almost 15 seconds before the menu appeared...

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.