PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a bit of guidance on a career change

timmybadshoes
10-19-2011, 06:46 AM
Hello all,

Wanted to just get some opinions on a couple options I have open to me. I've been scouring this forum to find an answer but seems it would be best just to ask.

I recently got out of the military and am intending to use my education benefits to attend a school.Currently I am deciding between Gnomon, AAU, and Full Sail. My first choice is Gnomon with the other two being more of a back up plan.

Problem is currently I don't have anything that resembles a portfolio because while I was enlisted really just didn't have the time and my work from before is all gone. I want to focus on modeling and wanted to see what course of action would be suggested for someone like me who is 25 with a degree and pretty much doing a career change.

FloydBishop
10-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Apply for the schools you have mentioned and in the meantime start working on your portfolio on your own.

RobertoOrtiz
10-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Take a portfolio development class at your local art league.
I have a good bud of mine at Disney that tool human sculpting classes in our league in Virginia.
They are not that expensive (usually less than $200) and it should help you develop some pieces.

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2011, 06:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.