PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan College vs Savannah College (SCAD) for anmiation

lumzi23
10-19-2011, 03:44 AM
Hello,

I am looking for a good school that teaches BOTH traditional 2d animation and well modern 3d animation in a single program. So far, I have found only two really good schools that teach both in North America:

Sheridan College and Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD).

My first choice was Sheridan - actually my first was Gobelin but there is a language barrier so it has receded to a back-up school (I am currently learning french so we'll see how it goes).

Anyway, Sheridan is currently in the lead but SCAD seems to have a really vibrant atmosphere. Also, I hear that Sheridan isn't really strong as far as Computer Animation is. I want to be really strong in 2d and 3d (heck even stop motion) so if someone could shed light on the Sheridan 3d situation it would be really helpful.

SCAD is really good at selling it self with tempting vids on Youtube ad the like whereas I can't find much on what life at Sheridan is like (video information, I mean).

If anyone can list the pros and cons of each school and how they compare to each other it would be helpful. I am not trying to give anyone work. Really, any help would be useful.

Thanks.

Also, if anyone could post links to videos of the students work of both schools in 3d and 2d to see what they are producing it would be helpful. I am particularly interested in Sheridan.

CGTalk Moderation
10-19-2011, 03:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.