PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: SPACE TAXI

Goro
11-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone.

Now I'm 30hours awake and I just finished some renderings of a space taxi that I modeled and textured the last 2 days.
(Additional modeling & texturing: Johannes Gross).
It is part of a 2 1/2 days project we are working on right now. In the 4th term (at the German Film School) we have to create a space scene in 2 1/2 days. (Designing, modeling, texturing, animation, rendering and compositing). We are almost finished. Just preparing the scene for rendering. Hope to be able to post the animation soon.

http://www.area-56.de/pics/cgtalk/space_taxi.jpg

CastorTroy
11-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Good stuff. I like the colors and the model design. Keep it coming along, I would love to see the finnished animation.

Spherio
11-08-2003, 03:57 PM
very nice model....I'm looking forward to the animation

gpepper
11-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Good design ! This is very different from all the stuff ever made ! This is very well textured !

Propictales
11-08-2003, 04:11 PM
TAXI-Tydirium!

Cool design! The front looks a little "chopped off" in the top-view. Also it looks quite small for a taxi...

I like the texturing! The shading should be more metallic, but I don't know what you intendet it to look like.

Overall a nice piece!:cool:

Corn Dog
11-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Looks good but how many people can fit in there? I'm thinking one, so is it an automated taxi?

Goro
11-08-2003, 11:11 PM
Thnx for your replies!

Well the taxi may appear smaller than it is. You have to know that the small glass dome on the left side of the main big glass dome is the cockpit. The big one is for the passangers. The gate which is placed behind the left wing is the entrance for the passangers. So there is plenty of space for the passangers:)

Malaveldt
11-09-2003, 12:35 AM
Very nice. I particularly like the fold-down wings and the swiveling cabin door. It gives a really unusual look to the model without making it incomprehensible. The weathing is excellent, but personally I would've put just a tad bit more chipped paint on the wingtips and leading edges. Purely a matter of personal preference, though.

JPPLAY
11-09-2003, 12:46 AM
That is one mean assignment they give you. Hope it works out good. Just one thing where is the seats for all these people do they all stand?

HenningK
11-09-2003, 12:54 AM
Thats an awesome design. I cant wait to see this thing zippin around some futuristic city. It realy does look like a personal craft though. I don't know how you can make it just look bigger.
love,hen

Goro
11-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Thnx Guys!

JPPLAY:
There should be seats inside but we hadn't enought time to model the interrior of the taxi cause I had only 2days to model and texture the vehicle. So in our space scene the reflection of the glass will hide the interrior:)

HenningK:
I hope that you are not dissapointed when this taxi will not zip around a futuristic city. As I sad we had only two and a half days for the complete scene. The taxi will launch from a huge mother ship and fly towards the camera. The scene is rendering since yesterday (I hope).

honkie
11-09-2003, 03:10 PM
hey goro!
sieht wirklich sehr gut aus! Allerdings muss ich auch bissale Kritik verteilen ;) Ich finde dass diese Säule auf der Taxi steht, nicht ganz zum Gesamteindruck passt, zumindest nicht von der Form, da das Taxi allgemein sehr aerodynamisch und "smooth" aussieht und die Säule zu eckig dafür ist.
Aber ansonsten wirklich :buttrock:

Mindkontrol
11-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Great work, I like the design and textures alot...Only thing i think of when i look at it is that the wings could use another articulation...Perhaps about 2/3rds up from the base of the wing...I think that would make it look a bit cooler with the wings in the "up" position...Anyways, Take it or leave it, nice work either way...

TheGreenGiant
11-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Goro
In the 4th term (at the German Film School) we have to create a space scene in 2 1/2 days.[/IMG]

No shit, that is hella cool - might get a mate to do something similar here.

I think you guys have done extremely well in that short time frame. I like most of the design although the taxi sign should be more elaborated. That back bit that holds it up also seems a little blank (the scratches should extend there) and unneccessarily big. still, this is freaking awesome; I love that supersized screw.

Can't wait to see the animation!

ailur
11-10-2003, 03:48 AM
good job.
However, the taxi just has 1 seat.
Maybe it need no driver ;)

Sqwall
11-10-2003, 06:46 AM
Nice Concept. You shoud try to render the thing in some particlular environment.

Goro
11-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Thnx!
The environment is still rendering.

Guruabyss
11-10-2003, 02:05 PM
Wires pleaseeeeeeeee :scream:

Goro
11-10-2003, 04:05 PM
Hi Guruabyss

here are the wires

http://www.area-56.de/pics/cgtalk/space_taxi_wireframe_01.jpg

http://www.area-56.de/pics/cgtalk/space_taxi_wireframe_02.jpg

yade
11-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Very cool!

I like the design, very original.. reminds me a bit of Fifth Element... stylish! :D

Good job. ;)

Goro
11-11-2003, 06:21 PM
Thnx yade. I actually thought about the fith element when I was texturing the taxi:)

shadowstalker
11-12-2003, 09:28 AM
Nice texturing! Can't wait to see the animation!

emopussy
11-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Since our semester left the building you're THE GUY!! :wip:

If you had all the time in the world you could always do better.
But not in two and 1/2 days at Film School!!! :bowdown:

You can't compare this to the shit we produced with Richter.
[I hope you'll never find our stuff on the server...]

What about skipping TWO semesters?

Goro
11-13-2003, 09:38 PM
emopussy:
Thnx! I apreciate your words!
I saw your project one year ago. I can remember that I couldn't believe that you guys did that in that short time. I think it was really good.
I wish I could go down 2terms so that I have more time to improve my skills....

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.