PDA

View Full Version : Computer Art degree, looking to get into animation

Dvdcr
10-18-2011, 05:49 AM
Hello Everyone, (first post here)

I'm 27 years old and I have a associates degree on Computer Art. I got it in a community college in New York (Suffolk county). Anyways, I've always wanted to get into animation but because of financial issues I couldn't afford to go into animation. So I decided to get my Computer Art degree first and then move on... but because of money, I had to start working using my career and I've been doing that for about 2 years now.

Anyways, I heard/read (forgot where) recently that NY is not a good place for animation since there aren't many opportunities, so I am thinking to move but I am not sure where yet, not sure what would be the best place to offer me better job opportunities as an animator (probably modeling is what I want to do). I heard California is a good place but then again, I don't know what college/university is the "best" money/wise (I don't have a ton of money, probably will have to use some financial aid although I would like to avoid it).

Is it really California the best place to go? if so, what college/university would you recommend?

I have tons of questions but I just want to start with this for now.

Thanks a lot in advance. :bowdown:

CGTalk Moderation
10-18-2011, 05:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.