PDA

View Full Version : Environment: First Contact

Franz
11-08-2003, 12:09 PM
I have posted this in the main forum already. Even though
I like this image and the lighting I konw there is some of
you guys who see thousands of points to improve this image
and its evocavtive effect. Thats why I desided to put it up in here too. I hope for some great responds.

http://www.franzsteiner.de/pix/cgtalk/first_contact.jpg

Nam GEE
11-08-2003, 02:12 PM
hi franz, i like the mood of this picture very much. the colors are my taste also. Maybe you should try to get more depth in the lighter part behind the woman. Thereīs nothing to see, just similar colors, like a wall. maybe some plants would do and shadows also. Then itīll look more like a deep forrest and its more interesting.

Ziye-Liu
11-09-2003, 06:57 AM
I like the Depth of Field in this image.
This can expression the ambience.

Stratobrain
11-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Hi there

I think that colors and mood are great. The composition draws attention very well to the area where the contact between the woman's hand and the animals takes place.

Personally, I would add some detail to this very area between her right hand and the head of the dinosaur-kind-of-animal. This area appears somewhat blurred to me, which is disturbing, as it is really the centre of interest in the picture (I do not think this is intended)... Her right hand is somewhat hard to make out, and seems to be rather small too. The animal's tentacles almost dissolve into the background, maybe you could add some contrast here. Also, I think, it could help to have some eye on the reptile's head, so that it gets a bit more of a face\character (unless, of course, the opposite was intended).

Yet I think you shouldn't add too much detail to the background, because it would start competing for attention with the foreground. The contrast which you draw between a clearly defined foreground and a blurred, luminous background produces a wonderful effect. At most I'd add very, very subtle shadows of other plants.

A wonderful composition. I love the feel of the animals creeping out of the dark of the thick forest into the mysterious light that sheds through the trees.

hope I could help
Chris

Franz
11-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Thanx Strato, you are probably right about the center of interest.
As you can see I had some problems with her hand. I should go
back and draw a correct hand and replace it.
I also think its very difficult to create a strong atmosphere and
still find the right level of detail.
Thanx for the help.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.