PDA

View Full Version : Solving a Camera from Image

darvinkmanwah
10-15-2011, 02:17 AM
Hey guys,

Can anyone help with solving a 3d camera using an image. I've got a pic of a building and the camera is low down looking up at the top of the building. I want to extend the sides of the building using cards but I don't know how to set the camera up in 3D using the image, instead of manually moving the camera around to try to match the image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ... Thanks ...

earlyworm
10-15-2011, 01:55 PM
If you have NukeX you can use the projectionSolver to figure out where the camera should be.

You'll need a model of the building your trying to match to, obviously the better the representation (shape, measurements, etc) of the building then the better the match, but you might be able to get away with a cube as long as the measurements of the cube are reasonable accurate. If you know where the building is located you could use Google Maps to figure out a rough size of the building (well at least it's width and depth).

Also knowing the focal length and film back helps.

kyrgr
10-16-2011, 03:29 PM
You could "straighten" the building using a corner pin
make a 3d card or even cube with it and match your pic manually.
I think you can merge a scanline render with a 2d photo.
PS: If you want accuracy you could do it with a grid warp at least
in Nuke 6.3.

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2011, 03:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.