PDA

View Full Version : mrViewer beta released

gga
10-14-2011, 05:50 PM
mrViewer a video playback and image viewer tool has been released in source code form at sourceforge. Currently, it compiles and works under Linux only albeit a port to windows is possible.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mrviewer/

Use git to obtain the repository.

The viewer supports:
- Multiple image formats, including EXR, mental ray image stubs, Pixar shadow maps, etc.
- Multiple movie formats, including avi and quicktime, with many codecs.
- Multiple channels including rgba, lumma, Y, C, etc.
- Playback forwards and backwards and scrubbing.
- EDL support.
- Reel support.
- Non destructive compositing support (to comp renders over backgrounds).
- Histogram and Vectorscope support.
- Media info including codec, fps, EXR info, IPTC and EXIF support.

ryanduff
10-17-2011, 09:31 PM
this sounds great! i hope it gets ported to the Mac osX. Quicktime X is a crime agents Mac users.

gga
10-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the comments. Porting to OSX is probably easier than to Windows, albeit I lack an OSX box to do it. The program will first need to gather popularity under linux before a port is done.
I have now uploaded the CMake aid files that were missing in the original release.

ryanduff
10-19-2011, 05:45 PM
As im sure you know, ALOT of commercials, visual effects, 3d animation / motion graphics are made using a Mac. The same jackass responsible for FCPX imploding is now head of Quicktime, so your tool is GREATLY needed.

I think Adobe will be moving in this direction with the acquisition of Iridas. Iridas had a great app called Framecycler but was REALY expensive, and geared for film and highend users. I dont see adobe main streaming it, they are more interested in Iridas color correction tech thats in SpeedGrade.

leif3d
10-19-2011, 06:06 PM
The features sound nice. I'm currently using djv viewer (http://djv.sourceforge.net/) and even though it's great, it will probably never be updated, so I wouldn't mind trying something new especially when it's this feature packed.
Any possibilities of an RPM?

gga
10-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Any possibilities of an RPM?

It will probably be disted as a self installer using InstallJammer. However first a zip file will be in order. I still have too much work to do.

leif3d
10-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Ok, thanks for clarifying.
Also, is it just me or this thread is not visible in the main cgnews forum? I can only reach it through my email...

gga
11-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Ok, thanks for clarifying.
Also, is it just me or this thread is not visible in the main cgnews forum? I can only reach it through my email...

I can see the thread just fine. A new piece of news. I've uploaded a tar.gz file with all the libraries and a compiled mrViewer for x64.

hkrol
11-05-2011, 10:37 AM
I can see the thread just fine. A new piece of news. I've uploaded a tar.gz file with all the libraries and a compiled mrViewer for x64.
Very nice. But I tried the .exe and it there was just a message which told me that the application is not compatible with my system (win7 x64). Is it supposed to work on win7 x64?

oops noticed the "linux" in the filename. Was hoping though because of the ".exe" file.

CGTalk Moderation
11-05-2011, 10:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.