PDA

View Full Version : how to set dynamics???

pelos
11-08-2003, 05:23 AM
hello, i have been playing with the messiah demo, but a try to play with a cartoon that i made, and have a tshirt, ,
how can a set the soft body?

i go to setup, effect, soft_body_dynamics
and then i have to list, (right and left) when i go to animate nothing happen, the same happen to me when i try to auto rig,
i read something about link the mesh to the effect?

i have seen with very good eyes the power of messiah but info is need it, thanks!!

pelos
11-08-2003, 05:25 AM
something else, i cant delete or replace anything
(the add button, for what, if i have the plus sign next to the effect?)

Julez4001
11-08-2003, 07:44 AM
Pelos..go thru the manual inthe tutroial section, they have animated gifs. Softbody Dynamics, after you added to your object, you have to select softmapping and select the surface you want it to effect (so u need two surfaces) as the other surfarce will stop it from falling to obilivion.

Look at the sample stuff.

Open the Manual docs up

Go to Tutorials --> Softbody Dynamics -- >Beginner or Advanced

tons of moving animated gifs

pelos
11-08-2003, 09:05 AM
i have been thrue the tutorials, they are very simple,
just grab the layer you want to add the dynamics, and press de plus button, and go to animate, the arm wing is moving with Dynamics, also the ball, of the advance tutorial,
but in my case, is just a guy very simple with low res, and a tshirt,
i set dynamics to the tishirt (only presing the plus button as the begginer tutorial), and set it to colide with the guy.(as the advance tutorial)

but still nothing happen, i wish to fix this, o dont like MD of LW

pelos
11-08-2003, 09:13 AM
where is the softmapping i belive i made a shirt with 2 surfaces, one around the neck, for fix it in MD and the tshirt itself,
if i aply the dynamics in the guy all the guy falls, because as i belivee an you said only have 1 surface

Julez4001
11-08-2003, 06:01 PM
Softbody dynamics is not a cloth simulation.
if you want to add cloth like effects then you got to think of terms of where the most effect will happen. Don't expect creases in the armpits but if you want the sleeves and the bottom of the shirt to deform then have those areas a surface and make sure to add a collision object. a low poly sphere to bounce. save the object as separate objects ..not 1 layered object

Softmapping in the softbody preference.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.