PDA

View Full Version : 3D Cameras/Lights/Layers???

Ikarus
11-08-2003, 02:42 AM
Got DFX+ via the Lightwave deal. It was that or go for After Effects. I'm glad I chose the Lightwave deal with DFX+, and I'm loving DFX+ and some of the advantages it has over After Effects. The only thing I miss from trying out After Effects is the 3D cameras/lights/layers, etc. Is there anything similar that comes close to that feature from After Effects via a plugin or something.

One last thing is there any way of importing a vector format such as and EPS or ILLUSTRATOR file without raterizing them?

Kvaalen
11-08-2003, 06:40 PM
I'm afraid I can't answer all those questions since I haven't been using DFX+ long enough, but I have one question:
Why do you want to have layers? That is one of the things I really like about DFX, instead of layers it uses flows.

geoff3dnz
11-08-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Ikarus
Got DFX+ via the Lightwave deal. It was that or go for After Effects. I'm glad I chose the Lightwave deal with DFX+, and I'm loving DFX+ and some of the advantages it has over After Effects. The only thing I miss from trying out After Effects is the 3D cameras/lights/layers, etc. Is there anything similar that comes close to that feature from After Effects via a plugin or something.

One last thing is there any way of importing a vector format such as and EPS or ILLUSTRATOR file without raterizing them? There is a plugin called "gaia" here:
http://www.fusioneers.de/ which does all the 3D layers / lighting etc that AE can do plus more - like full 3D model importing. There's a demo version available for download too.

As for the importing of vector formats, no, sorry, you'll have to rasterize them first.

:)

Ikarus
11-08-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Kvaalen
I'm afraid I can't answer all those questions since I haven't been using DFX+ long enough, but I have one question:
Why do you want to have layers? That is one of the things I really like about DFX, instead of layers it uses flows.
No I didn't mean regular layers, I meant a way to composite in 3D space such as what After Effects can do with 3D Cameras/lights, etc.

Thanks geoff3dnz that's what I was looking for. I'll have to try out the demo when I get a chance and see how it stands up againt after effects. Have you had the chance to try it out, and if so what are your feelings on it?

It's a real bummer I can import any vector format :hmm:

RealThing
11-08-2003, 09:58 PM
I'd just like to point that if all you want to do is put some images or video on planes in 3d space then there's a 3d planes tool that's part of the krokodove plugin set. For vector support Jaws from speedsix may do what you want.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.