PDA

View Full Version : Website design help!!

joeBRAMMER
10-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Ok, so ive been working on my portfolio site www.joebrammer3d.com (http://www.joebrammer3d.com) the site is designed to my computer screen resolution so when I load the site on another computer, everything shifts places and moves around.
I am using microsoft expression web, but I have dreamweaver, and the website has been made in HTML form. How do I get rid of this and have a generic page size??

Thankyou very much!
Joe Brammer

plastic
10-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Sorry to say, but the code is a mess. You're using non breaking spaces to layout. This can't work.
You should use divs and css positioning.
I suggest that you give up hand-coding, because you won't easily learn it at that stage. I'd suggest that you look for a wordpress theme that fits you. Hand coding whole websites is not state of the art anyway, it's better to use a framework.

joeBRAMMER
10-13-2011, 02:24 PM
ok, so dont use HTML programs ? just use templates.

plastic
10-13-2011, 06:05 PM
HTML programs are worthless for code generation. Either you code by yourself or use customizeable themes, like wordpress. Everything else is a mess.

disrupter52
10-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Use Dreamweaver and w3schools.com to do html and css.

Im in the same boat as you, working on my site and such and both of those tools have helped me out infinitely. Dreamweaver makes everything easier, just make sure its also uniform.

Aim to have a CSS sheet that governs your whole site so if you wanna change its look you only have to change that file.

dt192
10-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Im quite happy to sort out small well programmed websites for free for ppl anything up to around 10 pages in return for a contact link in the bottom right hand corner :-)

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2011, 11:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.