PDA

View Full Version : Problem with lasso selection on custom shape

Inos
10-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a custom shape consisting of multiple components. When I use the standard rectangular selection tool over this node, everything works fine and only the selected components get highlighted.

However, when the lasso tool is used, the node's internal selection method gets called 10-20 times in a row, and it ends up selecting nothing (the first call selects the correct components, but subsequent calls override it).

Does anyone know what could cause this behavior?

Thanks,
Inos

Inos
10-15-2011, 01:32 PM
I found that no matter what I do (even nothing) in the Select method of the ShapeUI, it will get called multiple times by Maya when the Lasso Selection tool is used.

This should mean that there has to be a way to defend from subsequent calls to the Select method, when only the first one is correct.

But on the other hand, this seems like going against Maya's workflow, and besides, how can you know if the call to the Select method is valid or not, when it is being called directly from inside the Maya code, which you can't debug or pass additional information from?

P.S: The regular Select tool is working properly.

Cheers,
Inos

CGTalk Moderation
10-15-2011, 01:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.