PDA

View Full Version : Batch Render Issue - Windows - No Disk Error Message

piajartist
10-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Getting a weird windows error message when trying to start Batch rendering with maya 2011. Have it set to render using Mental Ray, but whenever I try to start Batch render, I get a windows error window titled, "Windows - No Disk." Then within the error window it states "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive." Im not sure what's up, since Im rendering off my local C Drive. I tried rerouting my project to the default maya project directory, but no luck. I have no idea how to start troubleshooting this one, and could use some good ideas.

any thoughts?

nookie
10-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Could you post the command you are using? It would surely help :)

piajartist
10-13-2011, 05:52 AM
I guess Im not sure what you mean by command line. All im doing is clicking "Batch Render" within the Render tab. Im rendering using mental ray on Maya 2011 on a windows xp 64 bit machine.

nookie
10-13-2011, 12:29 PM
eheh sorry my fault :)
When you said "Have it set to render using Mental Ray" I assumed you did that through a flag using command line.

I don't really know what's happening there, maybe you have some antivirus/anti spyware blocking the temp files and so windows is not able to reach them?

You could also try to render through command line and see if you get some more info.
You should be able to use this command

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011\bin\Render.exe" -r mr c:\path\to\your\maya\file\mayaFile.ma

CGTalk Moderation
10-13-2011, 12:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.