PDA

View Full Version : multi-select and armature

carnera
11-07-2003, 09:23 PM
i am currently playing around with the demo and here is a question.

lets say i have 2 bones that belong to one group. auto-select is activated (so that when i select one item / object that belongs to a group automaticaly all other items/object are selected)

can i setup an armature / button that selects multiple objects by one click? the strange thing is, that when i select the bone by an armature-button the bone will be selected but it simply ignores the "auto-select" in the groups......so only one bones is selected and not all the other bones that belong to the same group.

can anybody confirm this...or help me?..

thanks in advance

Labuzz
11-08-2003, 07:52 AM
Yep it's true,
but I guess it's easy to do a new command with the API.

Can someone at PMG can give us the syntax for those functions
fxgroupPrimaryGet
fxgrouplsMember
I havn't find the functions in messiah_group.h files.

lmilton
11-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by carnera
i am currently playing around with the demo and here is a question.

lets say i have 2 bones that belong to one group. auto-select is activated (so that when i select one item / object that belongs to a group automaticaly all other items/object are selected)

can i setup an armature / button that selects multiple objects by one click? the strange thing is, that when i select the bone by an armature-button the bone will be selected but it simply ignores the "auto-select" in the groups......so only one bones is selected and not all the other bones that belong to the same group.

can anybody confirm this...or help me?..

thanks in advance

Auto-select should be working, we'll find the problem. Thanx for the info.

btw, we'll be adding a SelectObjects action.

-lyle

lmilton
11-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Labuzz
Yep it's true,
but I guess it's easy to do a new command with the API.

Can someone at PMG can give us the syntax for those functions
fxgroupPrimaryGet
fxgrouplsMember
I havn't find the functions in messiah_group.h files.

Are you sure you have the latest headers?

-lyle

Labuzz
11-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Sorry for the long delay Lyle, I wasn't really in front of my PC those last days. I am on 4.0d, should I download some SDK files?

lmilton
11-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Sorry for the long delay Lyle, I wasn't really in front of my PC those last days. I am on 4.0d, should I download some SDK files?

Those new functions should be in the messiah_group.h in the latest release. Can you double-check this for me?

-lyle

Labuzz
11-14-2003, 04:44 PM
I have double check and can't find those functions in the messiah_group.h. The date in the messiah_group.h is :
5/09/03
I am on Messiah 4.0d, windows 2000, intel.
I know that the functions exist because of the " What's new " part for the 4.0d update ( you have just the name of the functions in the doc ).

Maybe you can give me the prototypes and I will try if I can use the functions.

Labuzz
11-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Oups:rolleyes:

lmilton
11-14-2003, 05:26 PM
I have double check and can't find those functions in the messiah_group.h. The date in the messiah_group.h is :
5/09/03
I am on Messiah 4.0d, windows 2000, intel.
I know that the functions exist because of the " What's new " part for the 4.0d update ( you have just the name of the functions in the doc ).

Maybe you can give me the prototypes and I will try if I can use the functions.

We'll post the latest headers on our site today. Stay tuned to yahoo.

Thanx for checking:)

-lyle

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.