PDA

View Full Version : Face Robot XSI to Lightwave

taimoor83
10-09-2011, 03:58 PM
I've done some lips syncing by using Face Robot and need to import it into Lightwave without using Point Oven.. Any suggestions? Isn't there any format available in Face Robot (softimage 2012) which can allow me to export Face Robot files to Lightwave with its controllers?

red_oddity
10-11-2011, 11:20 AM
I've done some lips syncing by using Face Robot and need to import it into Lightwave without using Point Oven.. Any suggestions? Isn't there any format available in Face Robot (softimage 2012) which can allow me to export Face Robot files to Lightwave with its controllers?

LW 10 (not sure about 9.6) reads Autodesk Geo Cache files (PC2 i believe), so no need for Point Oven.

pooby
10-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Why do you want to do this without Point Oven? Its freely available within XSI as part of the standard toolset and you don't need Point Oven in Lightwave to import the resulting Mdd.
So, the only reasons I can think of is that either you dont want to Point Cache.. In which case nothing else will get a face robot animated mesh into LW, or you thought that Point Oven would cost you money?

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2011, 01:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.