PDA

View Full Version : Any experience w/The LA Film School for computer animation?

HeyMayneItsBrandon
10-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Does anyone have any experience with The Los Angeles Film School? I am looking for a school to persue computer animation, preferably one that doesn't require I win the lottery in order to pay for it.

I've taken some basic college art classes such as drawing and 2D design at a couple local colleges, but I don't have any degrees.

I am currently located in Atlanta, GA, but I expect to have to move to the LA area at least at some point, whether it be to go to school, to find a job, or both, and I expect to have to pay for some student loans as well.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated,
~B.

HeyMayneItsBrandon
10-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Due to no response here, as well as no email response from the school since I emailed them 2-3 weeks ago, and the fact that they've only had their animation program since 2009, I am looking at other school options, particularly Gnomon.

As for Gnomon's 1, 2, and 3-year programs, what would you recommend? I've had some traditional art classes at a local college, but never completed an AA or any other degree. Does one (or all) of Gnomon's programs include traditional art classes, or only focused, computer-related classes? I want to do 3D computer animation/CGI for film, or possibly for video games, but I'm just not sure if the 1- or 2-year programs would be sufficient.

Thanks for any info or suggestions,
~B.

brucem91
10-24-2011, 03:03 AM
I am currently attending LAFS and will be graduating in December. Do you know what specific area of CG you want to focus in? I'm focusing on lighting and rendering, and I had about 3-4 months of class that focused on that, and then private study afterwards. The biggest thing I like about LAFS is the price compared to other similar schools. You pay less since it's an A.S, but you are still their for almost 2 years.

CGTalk Moderation
10-24-2011, 03:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.