PDA

View Full Version : PuppetMaster and Morphs?

tjnyc
11-07-2003, 05:22 PM
Hey,

Don't know for sure if I can do this or how to do this yet in Messiah, but I want to use puppetmaster with bones setup for the whole body and morphs only for the head, but my model is a whole mesh and I would like to just cutoff the head and make morph shapes for facial expressions and then apply that to the head part in the puppetmaster setup. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Julez4001
11-07-2003, 09:18 PM
What version of messiah are you using?

3.3 or lower.
make a duplicate object and then separate the parts using new surface name (head, body). and run the surfacecutter plugin that will cut object by surface names. using the head object make your morphs and then bring it and the body object and use them as the clusters by puppetmaster.

4.0 or higher.
Just use SuperBlender for endomorphs.

Panikos
11-08-2003, 02:09 AM
Thats an easy question. I've there many times.

To do this, you need your "Anchor" object which is your entire character.
Cut this into Head object and Body Object. You use these two as clusters for the anchor object.

Load your Anchor object into messiah, apply PuppetMaster on it, and Load as clusters your head and body.

Add BoneDeformation effect your body and add your bones as usually.
Add BoneDeformation effect to your head object, add a single bone, and include this single bone somewhere your body-bones, so the Body-bones and head bones are in the same hierarchy.

Add Morph-Effect to your head object.

Finally, sort your effects as follows:
Morph Head
BoneDeformation of Body
BoneDeformation for head
PuppetMaster.

The order of effects is very important. PuppetMaster must be last because it stiches the deformed parts into a seamless deformed geometry.
Notice : The morphtargets must be deformed by the head-bone-deformation.

When cutting your geometry into sections, make sure that you dont leave anything behind, or have polygons that belong to more than one sections.

If you are experienced enough, you can have your sections as points only, since only points are necessary.

tjnyc
11-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Thanks. Sounds simple enough, got to give it a try.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.