PDA

View Full Version : lightwave with compositing software ?

sebek27
11-07-2003, 05:08 PM
compositing work done in LW with Premiere, After Effects or Combustion - are they all capable of importing LW work and compositing the 3d stuff with live action ? which one would you recommend ? thx

Julez4001
11-07-2003, 05:10 PM
AfterEffects, its what i am using to comp my shazam short. But I bought the DFX/LW[8] deal and I gonna delve into around Xmas.

m.d.
11-07-2003, 05:14 PM
premiere is an editor with very limited compositing...
i tried dfx afx and combustion, and picked dfx....that's what i would recommend, but you should get demos and see which one works best with the way your brain works.:)

ThreeDBFX
11-07-2003, 07:05 PM
I've used AE and Combustion, but once I got DFX, I was hooked. DFX is the app I use for all my compositing now.

madrenderman
11-07-2003, 09:21 PM
like ever, i think your choose must be the software that you like.

i use afx from many years, it work good and fast for my kind of pipeline.

with combustion or dfx you can do more about extra channel which lw can export, and you can avoid many nested layer, be cause after fx not work with node, but with level and effects attach to level.

depend of your necessity. dfx+ now is a gift for everyone bought lw8, and i think is a good choose.

also combustion have a good particles system, which you can bought like particle illusion stand alone packages.
try all and decide.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.