PDA

View Full Version : Maya Filer Errors

fghajhe
10-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi,

I am having 2 problems.

1: Everytime I export a fbx file to like my desktop it is not there, there is no actual file. Maya says in the command line it exported to C:\Users\Fghajhe\Desktop\Test.fbx but there is nothing there. I have tried exporting to a new folder as well and the folder says its empty. I have reset my fbx exporter but still no luck.

I am also having problems saving UV image maps from the uv editer as a .jpg. Saving as any other format works fine.

// Error: Failed to open output file: C:\Users\Fghajhe\Desktop\testUV.*.jpg

Has anyone had these issues and might know some workarounds

Robosity
10-07-2011, 02:14 PM
1: Sounds much like an OS error not refreshing your windows than an export error. Refresh your windows, or just reset he FBX exporter to default settings and see if that still doesnt export your file.

2: Solution? Dont use jpeg- ever. Unless you are publishing your snapshot straight to web I cannot conceive of any reason to use that format. Always go Lossless.

Also, excuse me for saying this but I see that you are a student. IF you have a pirated copy of Maya, there is your answer. Student editions are free from Autodesk.

fghajhe
10-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Resetting the fbx exporter did not work, or computer. I was exporting fbx just yesterday and it was working. I can still export every other format, mb,.obj. I just upgraded to 2012.2 fbx for Maya so that may be the issue.

No I am not using pirated copy.

THExDUKE
10-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Reset your Maya Prefs. Maybe that helps.

fghajhe
10-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks. I deleted my maya preference folder documents/maya and let it generate a new one when it launched- it all works now!

THExDUKE
10-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Another Maya-Mystery-story!

WesHowe
10-07-2011, 04:12 PM
That is a cheap shot. You should be ashamed.

Neither you, I nor either of these poster know whether the issue was because of a missing file, a corrupted file, a bad choice of options or a bug in Maya. At least Maya will reset itself.

You should take your hard-on elsewhere.

<* Wes *>

Robosity
10-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Who's hard!? *shudder* :p

fghajhe
10-07-2011, 04:26 PM
well I tried all the suggestions but they didnt work. I dont have all day to diagnose a problem I just need it fixed for a school project, sorry.

zeroeffect
10-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Another Maya-Mystery-story!
Once a troll, always a troll.

CGTalk Moderation
10-07-2011, 04:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.