PDA

View Full Version : depth again...

eben
11-07-2003, 03:01 PM
hi there,

I'm using LW, DFx+...and world construction set...

I made a first output from lw in .rla format, and a second one in tga format as a background. i'm trying to composite both render via merge depth tool in DFx+...In fact, it's work well, but it's very difficult to eliminate the "frontier line" between the 2 shot...i would like to know if there a way to blur this line to make the difference softer...(?)

and a second question...what's the difference between .rla and .rfp ?

regards,

Eben.

zuzzabuzz
11-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Try Matte Adjust...which has some nice alpha blurring options

Or I think the regular blur filters can be made to only affect Alpha. I'm at work now so I can't say for sure.

Maybe when I get home, I add some more.

----

Can't find any info on RFP..other than totally unrelated info.

Lots of RLA descriptions on google though.

eben
11-08-2003, 02:21 PM
thanks for your response zuzzabuzz !

first, sorry i made a mistake, it talked about rpf and not rfp ! i found some clues on google...apparently, rpf support more buffer format( but which one can i use in DFx+ ?)...

on the composite topic, i found a solution ( are there others ?, i'm still interrested...:) )

so, create a full blue background with a full trransparency alpha...merge it with the rla file and set the z composite...

After add a chroma key and a matte control to blur edge...

the problem is : when you perform depth merge, the alpha channel is the same as the unmodified rla...

regards,

Eben.

eben
11-08-2003, 02:52 PM
in addition i found that on rla and rpf...

for those interrested...

Z Depth - Saves the 3D depth of objects in the scene.
Material Effects ID - Saves the ID of materials assigned to objects. This is also commonly called the "material ID."
Object ID - each object in the scene has a ID value assigned to an object. UV Coordinates - Saves the UV mapping coordinates used in the scene.
Normal - Saves the orientation of face normals in the scene.
Non-Clamped Color - Saves areas in the rendering where colors exceed the valid color range.
Coverage - Saves anti-aliasing data at the edges of objects in the scene.
Node Render ID - (RPF format only.) Saves the node ID used when each object is rendered. This is a value unique to each object. In the combustion interface, this value is called the "render node."
Color - (RPF format only.) Saves the color that the material shader returns. The color is always solid, never transparent.
Transparency - (RPF format only.) Saves the transparency that the material shader returns.
Velocity - (RPF format only.) Saves a vector that indicates the velocity of objects.
Sub-Pixel Weight - (RPF format only.) Saves the weighting value used to adjust this pixel's color.

regards,

Eben.

zuzzabuzz
11-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Using that blue chroma stuff sounds complicated. Have you tried matte control to blur the alpha of one image or the other? Perhaps a picture would help as well.

have a good day,

eben
11-08-2003, 04:53 PM
yes, i tried to matte control the alpha, but the problem is that the alpha channel isn't modified when i perform a Z merge, so i have the original alpha (ok ), but not the new one according to the Z matte created in the merge...this is why i use the blue background, to create a blue matte...sorry for my english, not sure i'm very clear. if you nees images, i'll post them as soon as possible...

regards,

Eben.

Kvaalen
11-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by zuzzabuzz
Using that blue chroma stuff sounds complicated. Have you tried matte control to blur the alpha of one image or the other? Perhaps a picture would help as well.

have a good day,

Another way to blur the matte is to apply a normal blur and make it affect the alpha alone (under the radio active icon tab, I forgot what it is called).

zuzzabuzz
11-09-2003, 01:33 AM
I think he's trying to affect the z-buffer, not alpha. I think i misread in my first response. I'll probably wait until tomorrow when i'm not so sleepy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.