PDA

View Full Version : Best College for Computer animation/modeling

Alacritas
10-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Ok, Im a senior in high school and I'm hopeing to go to college for a degree in computer animation. I've become fairly proficient in both blender and zbrush over the years, though I'm mostly self taught. I'm not the greatest traditional artist, but I've been working over the past four years to improve. I have a GPA of roughly 2.8-3.0, and I didnt do so hot on the ACT (I was given an 18.....though I intend to retake it). My initial plan for the past few years was to attend online classes (due to the fact that I live in Wisconsin and ALL the schools seem to be conviently quite far from here) through Full Sail and then work my way into a campus life, however I've reacently heard some pretty bad things about Full Sail (that it's a rip off for the education you recieve, that the school will just leave you working at mcdonalds..ect.). I'm also still on the fence and Im not really shure where to go, I've looked at Ringling, SCAD, Academy of Art University, Vancouver Film School, Gnome and a few others I cant remember right now. Please help! Im actually seriously worried that none of these schools will accept me, though I'm willing to work hard to become a good artist and this is really the only career I've ever wanted to do. Any other schools sujestions are welcome.

rraj
10-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Check out Think Tank in Vancouver - www.tttc.ca .Am studying here,its pretty good.But they have only only 1 year program ,no degree.Let me know if you need more info.

danielec
10-12-2011, 08:09 AM
I would strongly suggest looking into 3D Digital Graphics at Rochester Institute of Technology. The program focuses on interaction design, motion graphics, 3D modeling, game art and design, web and mobile UI design and visualization.

I know RIT (http://computergraphics.rit.edu/) has a BFA in 3D Digital Graphics and an MFA in Computer Graphics Design. The curriculum combines knowledge of design theory, methodology and aesthetics with skills in 2D and 3D computer graphics, interactive techniques and interfaces.

Best Regards.

memol58
12-27-2011, 08:35 AM
I have BSC in Software Computer Eng. I am good in 3ds max, Photoshop,After effect, premier , Flash .........
I've worked in a counsulting Eng, as 3d simulator ( interior and exterior Buldings) by 3ds max.vray,photoshop and do hand sketch since 2003.
I do professional painting ,specialy in water color painting.
Now I decide to study Academic animation in a University that support this major in the best way.
which university do you suggest?
How can I apply ? ( Im not in USA)

Thanks alot

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2011, 08:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.