PDA

View Full Version : 3D BA or BSC

Baystey
10-05-2011, 05:35 PM
I am currently studying 3D BA animation at university and starting my second year. Prior to going to university I had three years experience in 3Ds Max and have now learn't to use Maya in university. I have now got the choice of continuing on the BA learning character animation, or going on to do the BSC and learning coding and special effects, I aspire to be the best I can so either way I will be learning the other in my spare time.

As stated I have a fair knowledge on how to model, rig and paint weights etc and in the long run would like to become a modeller so I spend most of my spare time practicing that but my tutor stated that to get into modelling jobs I need more along the lines of photo realistic character models etc as that is what the current industry needs.

My question is would it be better for me to be on the BA and learn the coding on my own or be on the BSC and learn the character animation on my own. Either way I will continuously practice my modelling.

Any thoughts and advice will be greatly received.

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2011, 05:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.