PDA

View Full Version : USC CTIN463 Interview Request

Pandaren117
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Hi, my name is Brian Choi, and I'm a sophomore at USC's INteractive Media Division in Los Angeles, California.

I was wondering if there are any professional (freelance, studio, etc) artists in the LA area that may be available to interview sometime in late October or early November face to face for an assignment I have for my CTIN 463 Anatomy of a Game class.

The prompt is as follows:

Assignment 2: professional interview
Due: November 21, 2011
The interview must be submitted on or before start of class.
No late work will be accepted.
Interview
First page
Interviewee name, title, company, years experience
Background/bio
Describe their duties
List the games/projects they’ve worked on and the companies they’ve worked for/with
Photo (optional)
Next 3-5 pages - interview
Sample questions (ask your own questions – don’t just do the minimum!):
How did they get into the business?
What makes their job interesting or challenging?
What is the most difficult aspect of the job?
Where do they see the industry going over the next 5 years? How will this affect them?
What are they most proud of?
What was their biggest mistake?
Possible Professions:
Company founder President, CEO
Executive Producer, Producer
Game Director, Lead Designer, Designer
Technical Director, Lead Programmer, Programmer
Art Director, Artist, Animator, Modeler
Audio Director, Sound Designer
Agent, Business Development
Marketing Product Manager, PR Manager
Tips:
Assemble a list of 5 potential candidates and send me email to get approval. Don’t wait till the last minute to start.
Tell them you’re a USC student and you need to spend 15-30 minutes interviewing them for a paper.
Interview them in person. Resort to email exchanges or phone interview if all else fails.
This assignment is designed to get you networking with someone in the industry. Try to meet someone new in an area that you’re interested in or a company that you’re curious about.
Format:
Microsoft Word document
Minimum of 4 pages, single-spaced, 12 point font, 1 inch margins
Maximum of 7 pages
OK to include reference images and/or photos. Please cite sources.
Document must be emailed to the instructor by the due date.

If you are at all interested, I would SUPER DUPER love to converse over sandwiches or something on USC campus, preferrably (I am without a car unfortunately :( )

email: choib@usc.edu

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.