PDA

View Full Version : Toggle between XSI compositor and normal viewport

luisRiera
10-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Where do I have to write to ask if it would be possible in the future versions of Softimage to toggle between XSI compositor (file>layout>compositor) and the normal viewport (file>layout>default) with the middle mouse button on "file", like the rest of the interface does?

Stoehr
10-04-2011, 11:12 PM
It's possible for you to create a custom interface, like the presets on the bottom left of the interface, and that should be pretty fast toggling.

luceric
10-05-2011, 04:35 PM
actually MMB repeats the last command in the menu, it doesn't toggle between the last two. It's only the two buttons in the viewport toolbar button that do that.

without any coding, you should be able to bind a hotkey to the compositor and default layout, in the Keyboard Mapping dialog.

with some coding, you can make a button or a top level menu to switch layout. the code to switch layout is like such (in VBScript)

set desktop = Application.Desktop
set layout = desktop.Layouts("Compositing")
desktop.ActiveLayout = layout

luisRiera
10-05-2011, 05:22 PM
actually MMB repeats the last command in the menu, it doesn't toggle between the last two. It's only the two buttons in the viewport toolbar button that do that.

without any coding, you should be able to bind a hotkey to the compositor and default layout, in the Keyboard Mapping dialog.

with some coding, you can make a button or a top level menu to switch layout. the code to switch layout is like such (in VBScript)

set desktop = Application.Desktop
set layout = desktop.Layouts("Compositing")
desktop.ActiveLayout = layout

Oh.. but in the viewports the mmb button is great because it toggles between shaded and wireframe view (but if its a bug, please dont fix it), so its very practical. Thanks for the script, Im gonna try it.

Can I ask you guys a small favor? I would like some feedback on a still im working with Softimage in the WIP section (under the title "free life", wich is also in my personal gallery). I posted it yesterday but seems my subject isnt interesting and I have no replies, and feedback is very important because I want to get better at my work.

I like a moment to thank you all for the input I receive in this forum (I post silly questions every once in a while ).

ThE_JacO
10-06-2011, 03:32 AM
This is probably OT, but since you mentioned: Stuff in galleries moves fast, and people are selective.
Ironically the very bad will often get more comments than the "just good enough".

One efficient way to have people have a look and increase chances to get feedback, especially if you post often in birds of a feather forums such as the software specific ones, is having the work in your avatar AND a link to the WIP thread in your signature. It will help fight threads getting buried under page 3 and lower as quickly as they sometimes do.

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2011, 03:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.