PDA

View Full Version : messiah:animate 4 DEMO - screen refresh problem

IanBlackford
11-07-2003, 08:00 AM
hiya guys :)

i've been following this forum for a while...and i have to say messiah seems superb! :cool:

just d/l the demo the other night and went through the quick start guide in putting the bones in to the guy [waist up] and the default deformations are superb! i couldn't believe it :eek: especially since it took me all of about 10 minutes! lol indredible!

anyway, as i was following the html guide in explorer i was alt-tab-ing between that and messiah...but unfortunately i couldn't get the screen switch...if that makes sense? :o basically the title bar at the top would change [as if i had switched over to messiah...] but the actual interface wouldn't show until i clicked somewhere or scrolled the mouse wheel :confused:

sounds really bizarre i know and while its not the end of the world it did slow me down a little when working through the manual. more of an annoyance than anything and was just wondering if anyone else had come across this before and if so how they managed to get round it.

thanks peeps

oh and i'm using a gf3ti500 graphics card if that helps...unfortunately i can't tell you what drivers i'm running as i'm at work atm :o]

freaky
monsieurblack

fwtep
11-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Yeah, it's an OpenGL quirk that makes it so you have to click to "activate" the screen. From my understanding, getting rid of it is possible but would slow messiah down because to do so would mean changing the way it draws.

IanBlackford
11-07-2003, 08:36 AM
ah ha :lightbulb:

ok, thanks for the speedy reply :thumbsup: really appreciate it.
, its nice to know i'm not alone anyway...

i can live with it, as i said its no real problem just a lil quirk ;)

i'm really interested in buying messiah now, seeing the videos and then having a a really quick play last night...thats it...i'm sold! lol :drool: wings3d and messiah, wahey!

*as a quick question theres a copy going on ebay...would i be ok buying that? in terms of the purchase being 'honoured' by yourselves for future upgrades etc? or do you [as a long shot, i know...] know of a second hand copy going begging? money is very tight atm [after renovating a house! lol]

thanks again
monsieurblack

Stoehr
11-08-2003, 03:56 AM
Look at the second post.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100478

IanBlackford
11-08-2003, 02:09 PM
hiya Stoehr :)

thanks for the heads up...i'll give it a try

many thanks
monsieurblack

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.