PDA

View Full Version : TRUEMAX Academy (Denmark)

Nanent
10-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm a first time writer, and pretty much just discovered the site today.
I've recently found a huge passion for modelling, and special effects, well I've always had a passion for it but its not until recently that I started trying some of it out myself.

What I want to ask is, as I'm quite new to the world of CG, does any of you happen to know anything about TRUEMAX Academy? In specifics, how good you would be set with an education from them? Would I be better of trying to find schools in England, or USA?

I hope that I haven't overstepped the boundaries of the forum. :)
Thanks in advance!

moidphotos
10-08-2011, 08:51 PM
I can't say anything about TRUEMAX, but if you are based in Denmark there seems to be an excellent school called The Animation Workshop that are worth having a look at. Schools in the USA will probably be very expensive to say the least (although there are some very famous ones there), schools in the UK are cheaper than the US, but there are only a very small number of good places to study animation in the UK.

Nanent
10-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Thank you for that, I had heard about the school in Viborg, but had only heard of their animation line. Not their CG Artist line, which is what I really want.
So I'll definitely be checking that out.

What schools in the UK would you be able to recommend?

moidphotos
10-12-2011, 09:48 PM
When you say CG artist, I think you are possibly referring to VFX work (if your first post explains this). If you want to study VFX in the UK I'd recommend either my own university (of course :)) or Bournemouth NCCA.

Nanent
10-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah, my main goal is VFX, but I'm thinking of starting out as a 3D Digital artist, as the world of 3D really has amazed me, and I get the impression that a bachelor in 3D wouldn't be such a bad idea in the world of VFX.

So, I'm currently looking for a school in 3D, and when you mentioned Viborg, I looked at it and that is definitely the school I'll be applying to.

I've got some more questions, but these are not regarding the school, so I'm not really sure where to post it. :)

profusion
11-08-2011, 07:40 AM
You could also try Escape studios (http://www.escapestudios.co.uk/), they are pretty expensive, but defiantly worth the price, was there back in 2004.
You would get SU if you go to viborg, so that might be more appealing.
You could also check out: 3D College (http://www.3dcollegedenmark.dk/) located in Grenaa

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2011, 07:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.