PDA

View Full Version : Escape Studios- are they worth to immigrate?

lackluster
10-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Hello,
first of all I want to excuse myself because of that bad english.
I live in Germany and I'm into 3D since the end of 2010. I tried every Programm except XSI,Houdini and Lightwave. Now I'am working with Maya 2011.
The reason why I write is because i consider to attend on the VFX-Professional course at the Escape Studios (18 weeks). After that,the one has promised me,if I stay in the UK, I will have a job in the industrie. That would be reason enough for me to immigrate.At the moment I'am working as a production staff and it is an awfull job with an average merit of 1800 ( 1.544,90GBP/2.407,73$).And I work in a 3-shift system (morning/afternoon/night).
Is the course worth it to immigrate from Germany to England? Provided the course really offers a permanent job with a contract.
I'am 26 now and I have no wife and no children.Only my fam and the enthusiasm for 3D. My education level is like the highschool one in the US. I've broken up my professional training that goes 3 1/2 years as a mechatronic because of the conflict of interest. And I know the qualification is not important in this business.

I was invited on 20th October for a free tour. I hope it will please me.

Of course there are ways to get into the industrie in Germany.But those ways aren't so good because of the bad image of the respective schools.My ways in Germany would be the "SAE" ( http://www.sae.edu/de/news_overview/727/News ) and the "Ruhrakademie" ( http://www.ruhrakademie.de/Animation.235.0.html ). Both of them aren't that good.The last one has a study duration of 4 years.

So what would you suggest?

mathiasberglund
10-06-2011, 09:45 AM
First, it seems like you already made up your mind, which is good as, secondly, the decision is yours to make, and yours only. You shouldn't ask other people on what to do as the responsibility is yours.

Only tip that I would give is to weight the current negatives and positives against the negatives and positives of going abroad and to make sure you have some sort of backup plan or way out in case it doesn't work out. Ie. money enough to get back home to your family.

Also, I'm not sure if they supply education in the field where you would want to work, but the Baden-Wurttemberg Filmakademie students have put out great work as well.

Apart from this, best wishes with whatever you chose to do!

lackluster
10-07-2011, 01:42 PM
First, it seems like you already made up your mind, which is good as, secondly, the decision is yours to make, and yours only. You shouldn't ask other people on what to do as the responsibility is yours.

Only tip that I would give is to weight the current negatives and positives against the negatives and positives of going abroad and to make sure you have some sort of backup plan or way out in case it doesn't work out. Ie. money enough to get back home to your family.

Also, I'm not sure if they supply education in the field where you would want to work, but the Baden-Wurttemberg Filmakademie students have put out great work as well.

Apart from this, best wishes with whatever you chose to do!

Hello and thx for the reply!
I'll follow your advice and weight the negatives and the positives of going abroad.
The ironic of all is that the Filmakademie is in my state (Bundesland) and I can't go there because they have dozens of competitors which are good in my opinion. I'm just a bginner. The second reason why I can't go there is the level of my education. I joined the mid-level.And here,don't ask me why,we have 3 levels.The highest allows you to study. Yes,the Filmakademie woul be a dream-the ultimate!

CGTalk Moderation
10-07-2011, 01:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.