PDA

View Full Version : Object appears one frame, then vanishes - bug?

RagingBull
10-01-2011, 04:50 AM
Not as ridiculous as it sounds, bare with me.

I've imported about 140 OBJ files, and have had to animated them turning on one frame, then off the next as they are a sequence of things. (yes, that was a tedious job).
So when I rendered a still, they seemed ok but when I sent them to the renderfarm, nothing was there, just black.

Then I thought, ok, I've had problems the last few days with sending stuff over there, so I'll just render it whilst I'm sleeping. Just before going to bed, thought I'd check, and sure enough the objects aren't in the renders (other things are that were built in maya).

When I imported the OBJ files, they automatically get put into a group, and I thought sod it, I'll just leave them in those and animate the group visibility per frame for each thing.

Is this a bug with Maya or Vray ?
:shrug:

If someone wants to look at the file, I don't mind sending it over but it has to remain private, and of course if a solution is worked out, I'll post it here.
Very, very confused, last shot I'm trying to do well before Monday :banghead:

RagingBull
10-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Sorted.
I suspected it was something to do with rendering, as it was only cocking up during the renders.
The option in the 'Global options', 'hidden geometry' set to "Always" worked for me.
:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
10-01-2011, 02:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.