PDA

View Full Version : Depth Fog Help

Animator395
11-07-2003, 03:59 AM
Hey all-

I purchased the upgrade for lightwave a while back and got the DFX+ to go with it and am wondering how to utilize the Depth Fog. I have been through all the courseware and read the reference manual on depth fog and can't seem to figure out why it isn't working with my image.

The only thing I can think of is that the z-buffer is missing. I think this because when I view the z channel in DFX+ its completely black. I am new to the whole z-buffer thing and don't know what to do as far as rendering a z-buffer along with my image. Do I need to render in a certain image format? Also do I need to change any settings in lightwave to make sure that it works out right?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

geoff3dnz
11-07-2003, 05:44 AM
I'd suggest using the Extended RPF Export found in the Image Filter section of the processing tab of the effects panel ;) Note that if you use this exporter you don't need to set a regular saver as well (in the render options panel)... If you use F10 to set off your render, you'll get a warning that no saving options are enabled - just ignore it.

Animator395
11-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Hey thanks for the reply. Sorry mine took so long. Had to sleep. Anywho I'll give that a try and get back to you.

Thanks

John

Animator395
11-09-2003, 03:46 AM
Hey man thanks a lot. That worked great now all I have to do is mess around with this depth fog for a bit and I'll have everything I need.

geoff3dnz
11-09-2003, 03:51 AM
Glad I could help ;) Have fun!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.