PDA

View Full Version : RenderMan Multipass Rendering Tutorial

fxjeane
11-07-2003, 03:57 AM
Hello fellow render nuts!.
I have put together a small tutorial on how to do Multipass Rendering with a RenderMan renderer.

http://rudycortes.com/tutorials/

I have also included all the source files. There is a link at the bottom of the tutorial. or you can get them here

http://rudycortes.com/tutorials/rmantuts/multipass.zip

Its not hard at all and im sure those gurus among us will not find it interesting, but this tutorial is "for the rest of us", you knew it had to happen sooner or latter.. RenderMan for Dummies!!!. ;)

This tutorial assumes you have basic knowledge of the working of your RenderMan renderer. I will write more basic tutorials for those who have never rendered anything with RenderMan. I'll keep adding tutorials as I write them. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Just a warning.. The website is very simple. I'll do something nicer when I have more time.

CHEERS!!!
Fxjeane

jeremybirn
11-07-2003, 04:18 AM
Looks good, although some of the links don't seem to work: "Oi,P,N…etc. (For a detailed description of these variables go here ) "

-jeremy

fxjeane
11-07-2003, 04:24 AM
Hi Jeremy... yeah... those are broken.. I havent writen those down yet.. Hopefully by the end of the week I will.

only the source file link is working

Cheers
Fxjeane

emack
11-07-2003, 05:11 AM
This is great! Thanks for the clear explanation.

Eliot

kpalazov
11-08-2003, 05:38 AM
hi fxjeane ,
I am particularly excited about this tutorial becuase just recently I was contemplating how this would be done...and would'nt you know it I found a tut on something I thought I would never have expected to find. So firstly thanks for making this tutorial...it is very usualful to me....well explained and clear..avoids jumbling up the brain with to much rman terminology:):)

Secondly I wanted to thankyou for your desire to share information concerning renderman. In my view to atain and be confortable with such knowledge is difficult not only in the way of theory but becuase there is so little resources covering it. I encorage you to go on with what your doing and if I can offer any help in the way of creating test scenes for your tuts , webpage layout or anything else that might help it will be my pleasure.
My mail is :: k_man_mango@hotmail.com
if your interested.

Thanks sincerely once again

Kiril

fxjeane
11-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by kpalazov
hi fxjeane ,
I am particularly excited about this tutorial becuase just recently I was contemplating how this would be done...and would'nt you know it I found a tut on something I thought I would never have expected to find. So firstly thanks for making this tutorial...it is very usualful to me....well explained and clear..avoids jumbling up the brain with to much rman terminology:):)

Secondly I wanted to thankyou for your desire to share information concerning renderman. In my view to atain and be confortable with such knowledge is difficult not only in the way of theory but becuase there is so little resources covering it. I encorage you to go on with what your doing and if I can offer any help in the way of creating test scenes for your tuts , webpage layout or anything else that might help it will be my pleasure.
My mail is :: k_man_mango@hotmail.com
if your interested.

Thanks sincerely once again

Kiril

HI Kiril
Im glad you found the tut usefull. I will keep writting tutorials for renderman. they probably wont be extremelly complicated stuf, but usefull things that many people might have use for and that is easy to implement.
I love RenderMan technology and I believe many more people would love it also If there where more sources for learning it. Many people are intimidated by the programing, but hey.. if I could learn it the ANYONE can learn it. Thats why I might start a RenderMan for dummies kind of website next year.

I'll post new tuts here as I write them.. so keep your eyes open

Cheers

Fxjeane..
Ps. I might take you up on the page layout thing.. :)

MCronin
11-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Nice work

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.