PDA

View Full Version : Vertex Order Problems

themick_g
09-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Hi,
When I subdivide an object in Softimage it does not get s the same Vertexorder like in Z-Brush.
Means when I subdivide it in Softimage, and import the same subd level from Z-Brush , and want to select a shapekey, all my points are everywhere, but not where they should be. I think this has to do with the vertexorder of both subdivided objects(btw same pointcount, all quads).Is there a way to get transfer vertexorders from one obj to another? Or a way to get the shape from my ZBrush obj to the subdivided one in XSI? I tried shrinkwrap, but doesn t work properly.
Thx
M

toonafish
09-29-2011, 11:35 PM
There's a tool called "create_OrderedMesh" in "es_Toolpack" that recalculates the vertex order of a mesh based on a vertex selection. http://sawamura.neorack.com/news.html

themick_g
09-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Thx a lot! Unfortunatly it doesn't work here .:( It always says N-GON detected. But there is no N-Gon in my mesh). Installation worked with no errors. Do you know this problem?
Thx

toonafish
09-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I emailed Edy Susanto, who created the tool. And unfortunately it only works on "nurbs friendly" geometry.

From the top of my head; maybe you could store the shape as a morph in Zbrush, then go to the lowest subd level, delete the higher subdivisions, and import the original Obj, subdivide again and restore the morph ? That way you could export the subdivided base shape and morph from Zbrush. So both would have the same vertex count.

themick_g
09-30-2011, 05:01 PM
Hi,
Thx, yeah I e-mail with him too :)
I tried the morphtarget workflow already, unfortunatly it destroys some of the really important areas of my model when I import the new obj(eye mouth) so I could not go this way.Think I have to rig the more or less highres this time...
and for the next head I have to keep an eye of my correct workflow.Means , I model the low res, subdivide once in SOFT and import THIS into Z and start modling.I really don t know at which point everything beacem mixed up this time... :(
but thx for the helping hand!
cheers Mick

toonafish
09-30-2011, 05:29 PM
If you have access to Lightwave you could use Mesh_Reknitter ( http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=226155ea ).

If not, you could PM me both objects and I'll redo the vertex count for you ( ronald at toonafish dot nl )

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2011, 05:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.