PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

kilikili
11-06-2003, 08:03 PM
People who listened to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy years ago on the radio may be in for a real treat.

What they're saying:
"The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy is set to return to the medium from which it was first launched, the BBC confirmed this morning.

Radio dramatisations of creator Douglas Adams' last three Hitch-hikers novels are now in production, with the first of the trio, Life, the Universe and Everything, due to be broadcast next Spring.

Now this is very odd. The novel follows on from the novelisation of end of the first radio series, along with bits of the second radio series, published as the remarkably unremarkable The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Adams cunningly rewrote the parts contributed by radio co-writer John Lloyd to avoid prosecution under the Galaxy's tedious copyright laws."

More>>> (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/68/33819.html)

Hilly
11-06-2003, 09:23 PM
And the book is also to be a movie for those of you who didnt know already LINK (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/2264265.stm)

malducin
11-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Although the movie has been in development a very long time, even before Dougals Adams passed away. And it might be a longer wait still since Jay Ropach left the project though supposdely they got a new dirctor.

There is still potential of screwing up. I read somewhere, tough seemed like a very unconfirmed rumor that at one [point, when maybe even Cameron considered it, that they wanted to change it so that the Earth is not destroyed but in danger and at the end the gang saves the planet. Even if it was a rumor you know Hollywood is stupid enough to consider that.

I wonder if they'll put this ones on CD too.

Clanger
11-07-2003, 12:06 PM
If they change one line of the original story I will personally build my own T-800 and have those responsible hunted down and terminated!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.