PDA

View Full Version : Removing Transparency From Maya Model.

Latitude
09-27-2011, 12:37 AM
In a scene of mine I made the mistake of creating an alpha layer in photoshop then applying it in Maya under the, "Transparency" Attribute which caused some very strange effects to occur. Now I've seperated the objects so only the one will be effected the alpha and not the others. But how do I remove the transparency from the channel? I only seem to have the option of "Reload" "Edit" and "View". Changing it to another file also changes the main texture file as well. As my plan B was to create a solid alpha using Gimp software but because of the reason listed above that also failed.

Latitude
09-27-2011, 11:26 AM
By right clicking on the "Transparency" and "Break Connection". I stumbled upon it this morning while screwing around in frustrating.

You know actually Maya is really simple to use. But because there are about 10,000 "simple functions" all combined in one package it feels kind of complicated.

Incidentally, why has Adobe Photoshop never been updated to handle Alpha channels properly - even after all this time?

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2011, 11:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.