PDA

View Full Version : Messiah Maya connection question

SheepFactory
11-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Hi Guys ,

After I animate in messiah and do the "messiah - ax" and transfer my anim back to maya , does it bake the deformations in the model?

meaning can I save that maya file and open it up in another computer that doesnt have messiah and still see the animated model.

I tried saving a maya file , but when I open it back the model is not there , I see the node in outliner but the model is not visible in viewports , and i couldnt get it back no matter what i have tried.

Thanks ,
Ali

lmilton
11-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory
Hi Guys ,

After I animate in messiah and do the "messiah - ax" and transfer my anim back to maya , does it bake the deformations in the model?

meaning can I save that maya file and open it up in another computer that doesnt have messiah and still see the animated model.

I tried saving a maya file , but when I open it back the model is not there , I see the node in outliner but the model is not visible in viewports , and i couldnt get it back no matter what i have tried.

Thanks ,
Ali

No, messiah doesn't bake the tranformations. If functions in realtime with Maya. However, I'm sure you can bake the motions on the Maya side if you like. That would allow you to transport the animation without need of messiah.

Alternatively, you could load messiah on the other computer. As long as you don't try to access the messiah interface, all should function properly.

Ron will be here to try to address the problem your having.

-lyle

RonGriswold
11-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Are you using the messiah -ax command in Maya after you have animated the object in messiah? That's what it sounds like you're saying. If that's the case then that would cause problems. If you've already animated something in messiah, then you can use the HostConnect command in *messiah* to put the model into the host (its the messiah side equivelent of messiah -ax).

If that's not what you mean then can you give a step-by-step example of the situation?

Thanks,

SheepFactory
11-07-2003, 07:03 PM
I'll do a couple more tests and write a more detailed version soon Ron.

Meanwhile can you let me know whats the best way to bake deformations in the maya model and save it so I can open it up in another comp.

Ali

RonGriswold
11-07-2003, 07:14 PM
I'm not sure how you would bake deformations in Maya, though I'm sure you must be able to, might want to try the maya forum for that one. That said, you can install messiah on as many machines as you like. As long as you don't try to launch the interface you don't need a dongle on the machine.

dubistdu
11-08-2004, 04:43 AM
I installed Messiah....... How do I make it connect with Maya 6???????
I have been searching internet all day but couldn't find any answer.
when I open Plug in manager in maya it shows Messiah but that's about it.
Although I load Messiah plug in in maya there's no difference in menu what so ever.
How do I use Messiah in Maya?
Somebody please answer me!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.