PDA

View Full Version : XSIman any time soon?

Nick2970
06-08-2002, 09:27 AM
Don't get me wrong I love MR3, just wondering if Animal Logic is close to releasing XSIman anytime soon, or if anyone has heard any other nice user friendly systems to render through PRman or even Entropy.

I could really use that PRman displacement on a couple of jobs at the moment.

Cheers, Nick

raffael3d
06-08-2002, 10:52 PM
hmm...I think a new version of renderman was just released. about discreet I'm never sure with their announcements. they tend to announce things very very early...I didn't hear anything about the renderer so far tough.

Array
06-09-2002, 02:44 AM
What does discreet have anything to do with xsiman coming out? They dont make entropy. I think your missing the point, as Entropy and PRman are both renderman compliant, meaning they can both render .rib files. All that animal logic's apps do is export a scene from it's native app (whether it is maya, lightwave, or 3dsmax) and converit it into .rib, so that ANY renderman compliant renderer can render them.

Anyhow, to get back on topic, I too am ANXIOUSLY anticipating XSIman or a native solution for RIB exporting......

arvid
06-10-2002, 08:50 AM
pixar makes PrMan
AnimalLogic makes XSIman/SoftMan/mayaMan/maxMan
Softimage makes XSI ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.