PDA

View Full Version : MM_c4d_MultipassImporter for AE

Mossman
09-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Hi,

I wanted to share a script for After Effects I created a while ago. It imports all your c4d multipass renderings and creates a correctly layered composition. Furthermore you can select parent folders with multiple renderings. The script will filter out all unwanted files, import only the renderings and distribute them into separate compositions.

A more detailed explanation as well as the download link can be found on my blog:
www.felixgeremus.com (http://www.felixgeremus.com)

Cheers

Per-Anders
09-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Interesting, but how does this differ from the Maxon C4D After Effects Exchange plugin?

Mossman
09-25-2011, 10:42 PM
We use the Maxon plugin only to import camera animation. The problem is that in our pipeline (and I guess many others) the renderings are copied somewhere else as soon as the rendering is finished. So if you import the corresponding aec, all your footage will be missing because the aec is searching for the path you have specified for rendering.
Furthermore it gives you the ability to import multiple renderings with one click. Im not sure if you can drag&drop multiple aecs into AE at once? But if even if you could, you most likely don't have all your aec's in one place to do that.

hausgross
09-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Very useful indeed.
Thank you very much, this will speed up our workflow.

Phil

LucentDreams
09-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Use the relative option and always keep your AEC with your footage which is where it initially saves anyways. Seriously, seems like a lot of development work considering AEC is also text based so a simple find/replace can update the paths.

hausgross
09-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Problem with AEC files is: they aren't generated if you use the NetRender (at least I haven't found an option to activate it). Generating them manually is very annoying and the script has the benefit it will work with a whole bunch of folders at once.
Thanks again, I love it.

Phil

fertilizer
10-21-2011, 10:37 AM
Would be great if something like this existed for VRAY multipass, which just saves numbered passes...

...at least until the VRAY multipass system is updated (hopefully soon)

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2011, 10:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.