PDA

View Full Version : NewTip: 2nd Bones as the weighting option!

Julez4001
11-06-2003, 05:16 PM
For carm3d, who just posted the tiny metafeffectors info for close polys.

Look ... You gonna like this.
Create your rig as normal.
list (write it down or whatever..it helps)the bones where the pinching or influence occurs.
create a second bone effect_ rename it.
Move those bones to the second in the tools area, NOT in your hierarchary (leave them alone)

See below..ripped from te manual, Hope this is okay PMG but this info can get buried if you don't know where to look.
You can use this tp with Slip and metaeffectors for narrowing down those problem areas which are few or for cloth on top of skin.

*** This doesn't slow your down in the slightest. it works just as fast it did before.

------
Moving Bones From One Skeleton To Another:
There are two ways to move bones from one skeleton to another, and which way you do it depends on what you result you want.

If you move a bone from one skeleton to another in the Item List, it will still affect the same object, it will just be parented to something else. In other words, if you have two objects with skeletons and you move a bone from object A to object B, it will still affect object A even though its position and rotation will be now influenced by its new parent in object B.

http://www.flarenova.com/BonesA.gif

If you move a bone from one skeleton to another in the Tools List (the list on the right in Setup-->Tools) it will now deform the object that this skeleton deforms. Select Skeleton in the pulldown list and you'll see all of the skeletons and their bones appear in the list on the right-- the Tools List. Now just drag the bones to the skeleton you want them in. This will not change the parenting though, so if you want to do that you will need to do #1 above also. (In other words, when you move a bone in the Tools List that just tells the bone which object to deform, but the bone will not physically change positions. It will still be in the old object until you move it in the Item List.)

http://www.flarenova.com/BoneB.gif

A note about controls and settings:
There are quite a few settings and controls for bones and it may seem daunting at first. However, most of the time, the bones should work without needing to mess with all of that. If anything, Limited Range will be the most commonly used bone control. The rest of the controls will require some trial and error to set up, because they are really for fine-tuning the bone influence. The great thing is that you can still begin animating even if you haven't fine-tuned the bones, because you can always go in and to that later on.

chikega
07-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Hey Julian,

This looks really cool - Could you post this in the beg or advanced tip sticky section - maybe update the links to the images. I'll talk to you later on.

fwtep
07-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Hey Julian,

This looks really cool - Could you post this in the beg or advanced tip sticky section - maybe update the links to the images. I'll talk to you later on. It's already easily accessible: That whole thing was copied and pasted from the docs. :-) General Info-->Effect Types-->Bone Deform.

And the images are even animated, to show you what to do. I'm tellin' ya, the guy who wrote those docs is a genius. A GENIUS!

Fred

Julez4001
07-03-2004, 06:30 PM
See below..ripped from te manual, Hope this is okay PMG but this info can get buried if you don't know where to look.
You can use this tp with Slip and metaeffectors for narrowing down those problem areas which are few or for cloth on top of skin.

Yep I even said so.
That guy is a genius, I wonder who it is....

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.