PDA

View Full Version : Nuke and CG Hair Pass

MINTY1974
09-25-2011, 01:27 AM
Hello all,

I have a university project I am currently working on which has a character that uses Maya hair. I've searched the internet and, for the life of me, I cannot find a simple tutorial regarding how to comp a hair render pass on to the character. If anyone has any simple advice about how to go about doing this I would be much obliged.

So far I have used a merge node (set to 'Plus')with the hair pass attached to the 'B' slot. The main head render attached to the 'A' slot. It seems to work (in a way), but it seems very translucent. Obviously I wish to have a number of separate passes eventually which I shall combine in Nuke. I am only using these two to test.

Once again, any help, nudges in the right direction or, ideally, a tutorial written for a man who is slowly losing his own hair trying to figure this out, would be really appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

All the best :thumbsup:

th3ta
11-22-2011, 03:14 AM
You need to render your hair pass with alpha. Then you could just use a merge node to layer it over your head. A always goes on top of B. So your hair pass gets piped into the A input and the head goes in B.

MINTY1974
11-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Cheers for the advice th3ta, really appreciate you taking the time to post. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
11-27-2011, 01:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.