PDA

View Full Version : Cant sent from Maya to Soft

THExDUKE
09-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Simple scene with a sphere , does not work.

The following error(s) occured while attempting to read the FBX file: -Corrupted or invalid file.

Has anyone an Idea?

luceric
09-24-2011, 12:46 AM
try perhaps first creating a new project in softimage. you may not have the permissions to write in the default one "xsi_samples"

THExDUKE
09-24-2011, 07:44 AM
Nope, didnīt do the trick. It starts faulty in Maya I guess since I get this Error : // Error: Invalid file type specified: FBX export

:surprised

EDIT:

Ok, I deleted the maya prefs and at least I dont get the error anymore, but my geometry is not imported. RootCam and second Cam yes, Sphere not!

Am I missing some workflow things here? Do I need to delete History or select geometry??

xsisupport
09-25-2011, 11:12 AM
When you send to Softimage from Maya, is a connrction established?
Do you see "Connected to Maya" in the bottom-right corner oo Softimage?

What version of Crosswalk do you have in Softimage?

THExDUKE
09-26-2011, 07:57 AM
Thanks for your reply and right now I am not on my machine so I cant tell if it specificly says that in Soft, but Iam sure it is connected in Maya. And, If I create e.g. a sphere in Soft and send it to Maya, that works very well, so I assume then that it is connected.

Further, how can I see the version of the Crosswalk Ex/Importer? Maya is on 2012 hotfix 4.
and Softimage is Build 10,0,422,0.

xsisupport
09-26-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for your reply and right now I am not on my machine so I cant tell if it specificly says that in Soft, but Iam sure it is connected in Maya. And, If I create e.g. a sphere in Soft and send it to Maya, that works very well, so I assume then that it is connected.

Further, how can I see the version of the Crosswalk Ex/Importer? Maya is on 2012 hotfix 4.
and Softimage is Build 10,0,422,0.

Exit Softimage and then try to Send To from Maya.

Does Softimage 2012 start up?
If so, then in Softimage, look for this. If you don't see this, then there is no connection.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12898205/ConnectedToMaya.png

To see what version of Crosswalk is installed, click File > Crosswalk > Import.

THExDUKE
09-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Very strange...it works now. I did how you told me by closing Soft and sending from Maya. And now I have my sphere.

Still cant see which crosswalk version I have though.

Thank you anyway for your patience and your time, at least for now ;) !

twosheds
09-29-2011, 09:36 AM
The reason that it suddenly started working may have been that the OneClick.mll plugin in Maya wasn't loading.
Just like the mayatomr (mental ray) plugin frequently fails to load in Maya, OneClick (the fbx "Send to..." interchange plugin) also occasionally fails to load.
If it's not loaded, "Send to" won't work and meshes from Softimage, Mudbox or 3ds max won't load.

When it happens, open the Plug-in Manager in Maya and make sure OneClick.mll is set to Loaded and Autoload and if not, enable it. Or disable it, re-enable it, and try again.

Edit
Another thing I saw that once seemed to cause a similar problem was I reverted to the old style file browser in Maya, and somehow that messed up FBX. Or so it seemed, because when I reverted to the new style it started working again.
Also, you have to make sure that fbxmaya.mll is loaded too.

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2011, 09:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.