PDA

View Full Version : fbx camera and tracking markers

ebraney
09-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me...

I am currently working on a project where I am tracking a shots in pftrack, and from time to time the shots have to be bought into maya to be tweaked or for geometry to be built up, or for locators to be added... and so on.

when i then pass the camera track and markers to the compositors I can only export a .fbx file (from maya 2010) and this is a real pain. At the moment they are reading in the camera using the camera node and each individual tracking marker using an axis (apologies my nuke knowledge is basic).
yet when i export a camera from pftrack as a .nk file, it is imported with the camera and tracking markers set up.

Basically what I am trying to find out is whether a similar technique can be used for an fbx camera? whether all the tracking markers can be read as one instead of importing each one into an axis. I remember hearing something about this in the the new nuke 6.3? is this true and how can it be done?

thank you in advance

beaker
09-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Nuke 6.1 added a "point cloud" option under the "object type" knob in the ReadGeo node

https://img.skitch.com/20110924-xfqws4fanjtqu9s5qdc7dcp4rk.jpg

ebraney
09-27-2011, 04:05 PM
ah exactly what i have been looking for! thank you!

CGTalk Moderation
09-27-2011, 04:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.