PDA

View Full Version : character: mechanic

ninjastickman
11-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Hi all,

Originally posted this is the finished work forum here and have only just discovered the game art section. As this character is intented for in-game use i thought i'd post it here too. Hope you like, any comments appreciated.

http://www.ninjastickman.btinternet.co.uk/3d_gallery/mechanic_sheet1.gif

http://www.ninjastickman.btinternet.co.uk/3d_gallery/mechanic_sheet2.gif

http://www.ninjastickman.btinternet.co.uk/3d_gallery/mechanic_sheet3.gif

Ghostscape
11-06-2003, 03:04 PM
His eyes are way too large unless you're going for a sort of anime style. You've got a ton of geometry on his ears and nose...and then you've got flat spots on his head.

The base of the fingers should curve, yours looks flat.

Your proportions are way off, and this is throwing me because the texture is sort've realistic, esp with very well done skintones.

Supervlieg
11-06-2003, 03:55 PM
Looks good, but the ears have waaaaay to much poly's compared to the rest of the model. Reduce the poly's and resolve it with textures.

The back of the head is too flat, needs to be more pointy.

ninjastickman
11-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated.
I wasn't really going for a realistic style, it's meant to be slightly exaggerated hence the big eyes and so forth.

See what you mean about the ears though, i will cut down on the number of polys there.

KazuyaMochu
11-06-2003, 06:29 PM
I think the eyebrows are to long. they should stop earlier.

and the wrist would look better with the concept if they where wider. try and make the shoulders a bit up and the head a bit longer, in side view.

and as said, too much detail in some areas. hear, forehead, fingers and around the eyes and nose. since you not going for a realistic style, you can pretty much do that with texture

hope it helps

Kazuya Mochu

edit: Man, a sphere for the eye balls? make it a geosphere.

ironikart
11-06-2003, 10:50 PM
Those eyes need fixing. Try using half a geosphere instead.

ninjastickman
11-07-2003, 10:09 AM
Cheers for all the critiques guys.
Unfortunately, i've finished with this character for the time being and already started my next model.
The comments made will help me with future projects though,and i will post any newer models at an earlier stage so i can make any suggested changes. :)

thanks again!

Neil
11-07-2003, 01:35 PM
/rant

Argh, why do people post in the WIP if they have no intentions on fixing it?! :(

/end rant

ninjastickman
11-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Oops, sorry Neil

Apologies if this got on anyone else nerves, but this was my first piece of artwork posted here and I wanted to see what people's opinions were since the standard here is so high.

As i said earlier, i will endevour to post things as i'm working on them in the future so i can make changes.

Neil
11-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Ok, i see your point.
I'm guessing you're new around here, but in the future, just keep finished pieces in gallery and works in progress in the WIP. Helps when critiquing and commenting. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.