PDA

View Full Version : Point Cloud and Node Values

darvinkmanwah
09-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Hey guys,

So its my first time posting in the Nuke Forum but here goes. I got 2 questions at the moment. Is there a way to drive the value of the exposure node based on another plate ...

Also how do you select points in a point cloud ... thanks ...

beaker
09-22-2011, 05:39 AM
So its my first time posting in the Nuke Forum but here goes. I got 2 questions at the moment. Is there a way to drive the value of the exposure node based on another plate ...yes, you can use a curveTool to analyze a plate and use it to drive a multiplier on an exposure node with a basic expression.

Also how do you select points in a point cloud ... thanks ...You can find the vertex selection in the upper right corner of the viewer here:

https://img.skitch.com/20110922-e7br7xte5aixgn7h1nhb27x71y.jpg

darvinkmanwah
09-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Hey,

Thanks for the help on the curve tool ... I'll give it a whirl ... Just curious, what very of Nuke are you using? It doesn't look familiar ... 6.3? Also for an answer to the question I posted ... I had to select the Cameratracker and wait for a few seconds to see the points. If you don't wait for it and don't know about it, you won't know that you can see the points in 2D to be selected and then it would be visible in 3D. It took me a while to figure it out ....

I'll do a bit more reading on the curveTool. Thanks for the help ...

beaker
09-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Just curious, what very of Nuke are you using? It doesn't look familiar ... 6.3?Yes, that menu is new in 6.3. Though that button did point selection as far back as 6.1.

darvinkmanwah
10-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Great, thanks, the point selection worked ... Also you have to have the camera tracker node selected to be able to see the points in 2D and when selected it turns yellow and it is then visible in 3D.

Also can you give a bit more info about the curveTool and how to analyse the plate ... thanks

beaker
10-04-2011, 04:25 AM
The curve tool analyzes the pixels in the shot and gives the max/min/average pixel values in a given area. You can then use those values as an expression to drive an exposure node(mult).

darvinkmanwah
10-07-2011, 07:17 AM
I'll have a punch at it and see where it goes ... I'll give another update with what I find from messing with it ... Thanks much ...

darvinkmanwah
10-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Hmmm didn't really get very far with this, will try it tomorrow and see what I get ... Thanks ...

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2011, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.