PDA

View Full Version : Character: Elf

Kamui
11-06-2003, 09:48 AM
hi everyone,.. it's been long time no draw for me. :) this image is just about as complete as i'll probably take it.

I am aware that the pose is bland, and it can use a background, but this drawing was really for me to get back into drawing and to test out a new brush in painter 8. i'd like to hear any feedback or comments, but i'm most interested in hearing feedback about the rendering.

drawn and colored in painter 8 with the trusty graphire. :)

thanks for looking.

http://members.shaw.ca/gary_lai/images/elfleafnov6.jpg

close up

http://members.shaw.ca/gary_lai/images/elfleafcu.JPG

phoenix
11-06-2003, 10:06 AM
man....very nice highlights...i love the fabirc of the clothes....problem with the hand thou...both thighs are not fine...i mean balanced

blindsleeper
11-06-2003, 05:45 PM
very nice, though i think it might look just a bit better with darker cloth, more drab green... and sort of a confetti paper background

OrcOYoyo
11-07-2003, 12:17 AM
Very cute elf :D
very nice work
her lips and nose are very nice :D
there is only one thing the line downward starting under her breast in the middle of her body s doesn't exist when looking on a real female body.

Demie-Lune
11-07-2003, 03:42 AM
I really (really really) like the style you gave to her face!! Very personnal style! I also like the way you've painted her hair!! :thumbsup:

inkfish
11-07-2003, 05:06 AM
it's beautiful! especially the face, i like it a lot! :thumbsup:
but personally i found the lower body looks a little bit weird. maybe it's bc of the legs. the upper body is perfect!
lookin forward to see the finished piece

btw, i am also from vancouver!
:D

DANKA
11-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Very very nice! graceful face!
I like it! very good:applause:
finish it with a background please:)

Pharaun
11-07-2003, 03:30 PM
The style of the elf is rare, looking at the the ears. I like her clothing, it looks very original.

karanta
10-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Wonderful image! I like the way you painted the hair and the dress.

AndyH
10-06-2004, 11:51 AM
I hate elves and all their cliched fantasy brethren, but this is a really nice pic. Nice face, and eyes.
you should post this in the hosted 2d gallery - i only found this image by mistake!

EMESPEE
10-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Wow, this is what artwork is about. I used to be into the whole fantast thing, but moved on to the futuristic stuff after getting into Sci-Fi.

The artwork really does show the shy side that elves are portrayed to have. The picture is great and all, but i think with a coloured foresty background, the pic would shine. Unless, of course, ur intention is to promote the presence of the elf in the pic.

ufotung
10-19-2004, 05:00 PM
she is cute , nice design of the dress too ~

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.