PDA

View Full Version : CGTalk gallery question

Narcius
09-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi guys,
I know you are very busy but I have a question about Showcase Gallery submission.
At the end of August I have post one of my last pieces ("Alchemia" - http://narcius.cgsociety.org/gallery/1004361) and a couple of days ago I have receive a email from CGSociety that inform me that my piece was not accepted because 'Your image currently does not meet the general quality level of the Showcase Gallery'.
I know that it is not a master piece but in the past some other my works with similar quality were accepted (I post to CGTalk since 2009).
For sure I have not made a good work this time and you had all reasons to discard my piece... I want only be sure that what I have received is not an auto-reply message but it is the result of a judgement.

If I had post a bad piece, please excuse me because I have wasted your time, in the future I will try to improve my art.
Thanks for your time.

leigh
09-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Since multiple moderators cast votes on the work, it's hard to give a specific reason since everyone has their own reasons for voting the way they did. My advice to you would be to post in the WIP or the Focused Critiques forum, as you're likely to get some insight there from others regarding how you can improve your work.

Please don't take it personally and you don't have to apologise either - we have high standards for the gallery here and a rejection doesn't mean your work is bad quality. It just means you need to improve it a little more.

Narcius
09-19-2011, 06:25 PM
OK leigh,
thank you very much for your reply.

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2011, 06:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.