PDA

View Full Version : Problem with vraydiffuse filter pass and AA

alessandro84
09-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi guys, i'm making the first step into compositing. I have watched the gnomon tutorial about nuke, is not aboit the last version but i understand how it's work and looking on internet i found other site that explane how to comp the render elements correct. an wow!! i do it, buuuut..... i got a big problem with the diffuse filter, bracause it dosn't have AA so when ii comp the image it resul really sharp. i do the render using Area filter in vray for the other passes.

I can't find an answer on the web, so is there someone who can explane me where i do wrong?

http://imageshack.us/g/205/aaproblem.jpg/

this is a crop of the render and a crop of the diffuse filter element. at 100% zoom.
I render it out at 4835x3543 pixels in a 32 bit OpenEXR file and afer the comp. this is the result....

thanks for help

alessandro84
09-17-2011, 11:10 AM
i guys, i have notice that my cop is ok, the problem came out only when i change my diffuse filter. I explane, i tried to change a text in my comp without rerender all the whole image so i change it and i rerender only the diffuse filter disabling light, glossy refl, refr, ecc...
and i came out wiht an other diffuse filter that i sobstitute to the older one. and now it render out like the image that i show you.

where i do wrong? what is the right way to do it?

i'm searching online but i can't find exemple like this.

thanks again

scrawford
09-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Try posting in the 3dmax section. This doesnt looklike something you would want tofix in nuke.

alessandro84
09-19-2011, 08:21 AM
hi, i resolve the problem in this way: before i only sostitute the diffuse fitler pass with the new one created.

afet i try to replace the texture using the alpha of the floor and the problem is gone but i don't understand why i can't only change the pas without using the alpha channel...

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2011, 08:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.